Search results

1. J

Atlas still in business? Taking the Summer off?

This model railroading hobby is all new to me (2 weeks and counting) and am I am sure this has been discussed to the ends of the earth, but... Is Atlas struggling, out of business, taking a Summer break? I have emailed them, etc., with no reply. Noticed that Lionel had been in financial...
  2. J

Remote Switches - Operation Question

On remote track switches, I just read that you should only press the "button" for 1 second to energize them. I figured prior to reading that that I could use a toggle switch, but evidently, that is not the case, correct? If so, my idea of small children pressing these buttons will be...
  3. J

Please Review my Planned Layout -- And Auto Reverse/Switch Questions

I posted this first in the wrong area... Okay, I have a layout that in my mind should work. Can you please review it so that I can be sure the investment will not end up a pile of track in a box? Explanation: Two separate tracks. Each track will have its own power transformer and...
  4. J

Please Review My Planned Layout and General Questions

Okay, I have a layout that in my mind should work. Can you please review it so that I can be sure the investment will not end up a pile of track in a box? Explanation: Two separate tracks. Each track will have its own power transformer and control. All Atlas true-track components. The purple...
  5. J

Need help with simple turnout layout

This is a great forum and as a total novice I am learning a lot, at least model railroading terms if nothing else. I am planning a simple layout for the grandkids using Atlas HO true-track components. However, I am having difficulty with part of the layout. I have a 22" radius oval with...

Back