Search results

1. DaRule762

Building a 4X6 layout for my son.

Thank you. I know if I could of had more time when building it I would have been happier with it. Its just not the way I had hoped it would have come out, but my little guy... Just loves it so I really cant complain. I don't see him giving this up anytime soon so there will be more pictures in...
  2. DaRule762

Thrall Auto Carrier

Looks like that Photo is of the tracks that follow I290 in Chicago.
  3. DaRule762

Thanks for your kind words all. I was thinking maybe for Christmas getting trees a structure or two, etc. Any suggestions on who to get trees from? Certainly not looking for anything high end, just want some that aren't so fake looking. Bulk would be a plus too. I was thinking about a rock...
  4. DaRule762

Been so busy I forgot to post the finished (For Now) pictures. Didn't turn out nearly as well as I had hoped, the little hills get lost, they just kinda blend in with the ground cover. Still need trees and such and some fine tuning, but my son loves it and thats what counts. The last photo is My...
  5. DaRule762

A little update. Marked the track position and then pulled it up and laid the track bed. Im gonna work on the little foam hills tonight and will post a photo or 2 of that tomorrow. To my surprise, this is actually a lot of fun. Very relaxing. Now if the heat here would let up I would spend all...
  6. DaRule762

Layered Rock Mold

WOW! Thats pretty cool. Looks great.
  7. DaRule762

Waiting for time and money. Hopefully this weekend. Thanks for asking. After all thats been said Ill probably wait awhile for DCC and stick with DC for now. Its only 4x6 so I thought the ez would be fine but the issue w/ the decoder possibly wonking out and not being able to fix it with the...
  8. DaRule762

Ill be right there with him. I enjoy the trains but not as much as he dose. Its not something Ill just let him play with by himself. Ill be there to watch mostly. He's not too concerned about sound, he makes his own. Having the ability to turn lights on and off would be nice I think he' like...
  9. DaRule762

Could someone tell what I would be missing with the Bachmann ez-command vs. a different DCC system.
  10. DaRule762

I was looking at the Bachmann ez-command I thought it work well for him (and I). Might just go with that to start for the fist few years. Thanks for the answer on the cat5 cable, I have a ton of it laying around left over from wiring my ( soon to be former) house. Hope to work more on it next...
  11. DaRule762

Atlas still in business? Taking the Summer off?

I ordered and received a layout but was short some track, called them up and talked to someone in their parts dept. He sent the track out and got it 3 days later. Actually seem like a good company to deal with.
  12. DaRule762

Some more pictures
  13. DaRule762

Hello all, short time lurker first time poster. My wife and I decided to build an HO layout for are soon to be 6 year old(love's trains something fierce) . Since we will be moving and will have limited space I thought I'd go with a small layout for now. Ordered and received an atlas twice around...

Back