Search results

1. mydartswinger

4x8 Track Plans

Good evening all, I posted this on another forum, but since it's my first post there, it hasn't shown up yet. I figured I'd go ahead and post it here to reach a different audience as well. I've been constructing an HO scale layout that is a modern coal mine based in an Appalachian Mountain...
  2. mydartswinger

2 Locomotive Problems (1 electrical, 1 mechanical)

Good evening all, I've been working on a couple of locomotives for a friend over the last few days. Unfortunately, I'm unable to fix them. I can't figure out what's wrong with them (well, I at least have an idea on one of them, but have no way or don't know of a way to test it). The first...
  3. mydartswinger

Toggle Switch for DC/DCC Operation

Good afternoon all, Over the last few months I've been building a small HO layout using a Digitrax DCC system for control. In the process, I've acquired a few older DC locomotives that would be best left as DC (including a Lionel HO GS-4 Daylight made in '76-'77, an AHM Rivarossi 4-4-0, a Tyco...
  4. mydartswinger

6' 3" x 10' Layout Advice

Good evening all, I've been running my O trains at the club and I run a loop of O31 MTH track. However, that severely limits my running (the locomotive I own is for O36 minimum, though can somewhat run on O31). So I'm looking to do a layout for my O trains once I get my HO to a point where I...
  5. mydartswinger

Why We Model Railroad

Just for kicks, why not discuss why we do what we do. Why do we choose model railroading as a hobby? What do we enjoy about it? How did we get into it? For me, it started while living in London, England while my father was stationed there when I was in the 1st and 2nd grades in the late...
  6. mydartswinger

Speed CV Programming

My apologies in advance for the long post. I'm including as much detail as possible to try to get the most accurate help possible. I'm trying to match my HO Athearn Dash 9 (Part # 79885) and my Athearn SD38 (Part # 88569) for MU. Both units are equipped with Digitrax DH155A0 decoders...
  7. mydartswinger

Lionel Heritage Series. Let's See 'em.

As the title says, show off your Lionel Heritage series locomotives and rolling stock. Post your pics, vids, stories, thoughts on these locos, or even questions regarding them. It doesn't matter which one it is, as long as it's a Heritage, be it UP or NS. I'll start. After a couple of...
  8. mydartswinger

Please Help, Having Programming Issues

I recently made my venture into DCC by purchasing a Digitrax Zephyr system. I went with this system since my club uses Digitrax. I felt that it would make my transition to DCC as well as finding help with DCC a bit easier on me. However, I'm having a few issues. First of all, when running DC...
  9. mydartswinger

MTH PS3 Won't Hold DCC Address

Good afternoon all, I recently picked up an MTH SD70ace in the UP #4141 George Bush locomotive w/ Protosound 3.0. I also picked up a Digitrax Zephyr DCC system (I chose Digitrax since that is what my club uses, and I felt it would make my life easier while learning the ins and outs of DCC...
  10. mydartswinger

Another question from an O Gauge Newbie

Good evening all, Now that I've got my MTH 2-8-0 running at home well, I took it to the train club's open house this weekend to have a fun day watching the kids ooh and aah at the sights and sounds of O gauge. For the most part, she ran well. Well, at least I thought so. There were a...
  11. mydartswinger

Appalachian Mountain Coal Mining 4x8 Build

Good afternoon, Over the last couple of months, I've been going through the process of beginning an HO layout. To follow the progression I went through to decide on how I was going to build it, you can read my previous thread located at...
  12. mydartswinger

MTH 2-8-0 Won't Run At Home (Sounds and Steam Working)

I picked up a MTH Rail King Rugged Rails Series Great Northern 2-8-0 from the LHS this afternoon. Along with it, I picked up an MTH Z-750 controller, some track, and a K-Line Universal Lockon. The track is a bit old and needs a good cleaning, but hey, it was thrown in with the deal. The...
  13. mydartswinger

AHM Rivarossi 4-4-0 PN 5067-C

I went to the hobby shop this afternoon to pick up some hoppers that I'd ordered, and not only came out with the cars, but a new (to me) locomotive. I've kinda had my eye on it for a week or 2, but had passed it over due to it's condition and it really doesn't fit the era or even railroad of my...

Back