Search results

1. adsbnsf

Model Master International Military & Figure Enamel Paint Discontinued

Hey Everyone, As a custom painter this news just really sucks. I herd rumors of this a while back, but I went to my local hobby shop and was told they received notice from Testors today that they have discontinued the International Military & Figure Enamel paint line. First Floquil and now...
  2. adsbnsf

Chicago Great Western #10 Caboose Build

Finally had a chance to finish my CGW wood NE Cupola Caboose #10. This was my first wood kit I have built and it was challenging at times to get all the detail parts ordered. CGW 10 has been built as it looked in its final days at Sycamore IL in the 1960's.
  3. adsbnsf

Six Units To Sycamore. CGW Project

After months of on and off work, I finally finished my custom painted and detailed Six Chicago Great Western F-Units for my 192 train. This 192 consists of CGW 113-C F5A, 114-D F7B, 105-B F3B, 110-B F3B, 116-B F7B, and 107-C F3A. Paint schemes include the red and black and maroon dip and model...
  4. adsbnsf

CGW F5A Build Question

Hello all, I am in the process of doing a 6 unit lash up of CGW locomotives. One that I am working on is an F5A CGW 113-C in Maroon Dip paint scheme below. The question I have to others that have done CGW F-Units is that do they have Diaphragms on them? I don't see them in the images I have...
  5. adsbnsf

Proto 1000 F3 Frame

Just wanted to see if anyone knew if a Stewart F3 shell will fit on a Proto 1000 F3 frame? I have a few frames and was interested in getting some Stewart F3 shells for a new project of mine. They look close, but not sure. Thanks
  6. adsbnsf

Chicago Great Western SD40's Upgrades

Finally got my CGW SD40's from Athearn and as always I have to detail them up like the real thing. Had to add the nose mars light which will be working when I install DCC in them. I was surprised to see that Athearn did not add MU Cables or Coupler Lift bars like what comes on all of there other...
  7. adsbnsf

Next HO Scale Build. CNW 4279

I have a few Proto 2000 GP7s around so I finally decided to do a CNW Chop Nose GP7. After doing some research I went with CNW 4279 in the OY Scheme. Model Date is early 1990's before it was retired in 1994. This is the progress so far. The Cab is an Atlas SD24 with the front windows of a...
  8. adsbnsf

New Year New Layout

Finally got around to start building a new Layout. Based on the early 1990's Midwest.
  9. adsbnsf

Winter Project CNW

Just finish one of my winter projects and I thought I would post up some pics of the process. CNW 4708 was the locomotive that did a daily run through my town when I was a kid. 4708 is modeled to what it looked like in 2001. Started off with a Athearn GP38-2 full furl tank Blue Box special...
  10. adsbnsf

Athearn RTR SD45's have arrived

I had two on order since there release and I was surprised to get a call on Friday that they were in early. I got two CNW Zito Yellow ones and I have to say I am liking Athearns new approach to Detail & Paint specific locomotives. I'm not sure what other road's SD45 look like detail wise, but...
  11. adsbnsf

2011 Athearn Genesis GP7/9

I was at I-Hobby this past weekend in Chicago and Athearn was displaying there new GP7/9 for 2011. The rep said the website announcement will be made early 2011. It looks pretty sweet and there plan is to have a bunch of road names and actual locomotive specific detail. Can't wait for them.
  12. adsbnsf

Athearn RTR CNW Dash 9 Project

Picked up another CNW Dash 9 this weekend for $50 bucks and decided to bring it back to life. It was in a little bit of rough shape, but nothing that could not be fixed. With some added details and working Ditch Lights I think it turned out well. Missing Ditch Light Mount. Previous owner...
  13. adsbnsf

Burlington Northern E9 Model

Just joined the forum and I thought I would post some pics of my recent project. Started off with a Proto E8 to build the unit 9920.

Back