Search results

1. Jannie

Custom painted Locos

Care to share your custom painted loco? Here's my 4-6-2 'in the works'....I've added some white accents & copper colour to various places..... Let's see what you got ;)
  2. Jannie

Railway Pictures

Care to share your railway pics?! I'm on holiday & yesterday we drove alongside & later crossed the 'Sishen Iron Ore railway line' here in the Western Cape,Cape Town,South Africa.......google it if you don't know it ;)
  3. Jannie

Your Other Hobbies

I started out in '88 with Trains...then model cars in '96....so it grew..... Now I've got trains,model cars,Transformer collectibles,Movie collectibles & small cactus plants....also started to collect limited edition LEGO sets.... I think I could be called a collector of such... Care to...
  4. Jannie

Custom built cranes...

I'm in the works of gettin a whole lot of normal 'flatcar/crane' rolling stock.....Now I'm gonna have more than I could use,so I was wondering what it would take to custom build 'harbour cranes' using these 'flatcar/cranes' ? I know I would have to custom built some legs for them etc... Any...
  5. Jannie

Loco Roster

Share your locos here..... Here's mine: SW7 BN F3 x2 CN GP9 Burlington SD50 Burlington SD40-2 CNW SD40-2 SF SD40-2 UP AC4400CW CNW Soon to arrive: GP40-2 x2 undec GP9 x2 BN
  6. Jannie

Preferred...

What is your preferred model make out there? I've collected Athearn since '96-'97......friday I bought my very first non-Athearn make.....(well it was a bargain)....Bachmann EMD UP SD40-2............& I must say...the detail,when compared with my other SD40-2 Athearn locos,are much...
  7. Jannie

Loco Yard

Show us your loco-yard pics ;)
  8. Jannie

*Dash*

Show us your Dash- locos :)
  9. Jannie

Diesels & Steam locos

What is you most liked/most beautiful Diesel or Steam loco?Which you either have or want to own.........For Diesels mine would be the AC4400CW & followed by a very close 2nd place the SD40-2....as for Steam locos.....The most beautiful 1 for me out there must be the 4-8-8-4 Challenger...followed...
  10. Jannie

Atlantic Coast Express........in miniture...an almost World Record

TV presenter James May ( BBC's Top Gear ) got the folks over in England to rebuild the entire express line from Barnstaple to Bideford ( 16000 meters! ) Running the original tipe trains ( except for a modern 'bullet train'(prototipe by Hornby) that was run back in the '50's on the line ( which...
  11. Jannie

Unstoppable

a Movie about an unmanned runaway train carrying highly explosive cargo & 2 train guys trying to be the heroes........starring AC4400's in the lead along with many other locos & road names.....also starring Denzel Wasington......@ cinemas 12 Nov......be sure to 'catch' it ;)
  12. Jannie

A Visit to the Toy Museum in Simonstown,Cape Town,South Africa

I've just came back from a lovely day out.....on our road trip we visited The Toy Museum in Simonstown,Cape Town,South Africa......I'll be posting more pics over this coming week,,,,,,,so come 'visit' again ;)
  13. Jannie

Loooooooooooongest

Share your info & pics on the longest train you've coupled together....any scale welcomed ;) Here's mine......short for most on here,but quite long for me AC4400CW + SD40-2 coupled to 3 Ontario Northern coaches,a 85 foot Trailer train flatcar,2 hoppers a Boxcar & finally a Caboose ;)
  14. Jannie

Jerry Braet's 'Granger,Denrock & Southern'

What ever happend to Jerry Braet ' & his spectacular layout? It was featured in Model Railroader Sep. 1992.I can't find pics of it except for the magazine,would sure like to see more of it,as the magazine only shows several pics.... :)
  15. Jannie

-2 Diesel Locos Care to share your -2 diesel loco?......GP38-2,SD40-2 etc etc etc.....Here's my (In the works) SD40-2.....awaiting my GP40-2's
  16. Jannie

Biggest layout OR your layout

Care to share info & pics of your layout OR info & pics of the Biggest layout you've seen or know of.......My Layout is 1x6meters & I started on it in April & running American railroads.....thanx....Jannie
  17. Jannie

Mirrors

I'm pondering with the idea of using mirrors in certain places on my layout......like at the dead end of a viaduct etc.... Whom have or are using mirrors in your layout?Care to share pics please......thanx...Jannie
  18. Jannie

Gettin Started

Care to share what/how/when/where/who etc got you into Modelrailroading?! My interest began somewhere in '87 when I saw a program on TV about model railroading & I was hooked (at that time I was only 5yrs old).....my parents got me a Marklin trainset for Christmas in '88 (which I still have...
  19. Jannie

Undesided on Undecorated

Hi all.....You may have seen my layout taking shape ( My HO Layout) over the past couple of months......anyways,I'm getting a pair of GP40-2's undec soon,& I'm still undesided on what paint scheme....I'm currently running 2 Burlington locos ( GP9 & SD50 ),2 CNW ( SD40-2 & AC4400CW ),a BN...
  20. Jannie

Customizing a Loco....

I'm wondering if you could take a GE dash 8-40C loco & then custom fit a C44-9W cab to it???...... If you have a loco that you've customized in any way...feel free to post it here with a description of what has been done ;)

Back