Search results

1. ikallio1

Modelling aviation obstruction lights in your layout

I just finished a piece of electronics to simulate an aviation obstruction light on top of my new water tower. It is based on the ATtiny13A microcontroller and supports up to 5 pulsing LED lights you can put on the top of your towers & other tall structures in your layout to make aviation more...
  2. ikallio1

Scratchbuilding a turntable

I did think about it, but a stepper motor can lose steps and is therefore not really reliable enough to provide accurate alignment to the approach tracks by itself. I would need to provide some other alignment/indexing mechanism anyway. And driving steppers requires a dual H-bridge. Also (and...
  3. ikallio1

Thank you :-) Life & other interests get in the way of model railroading - hence the lengthy timeframe. Even model RR hobby itself can cause delays in projects - so many interesting things have happened in the meanwhile. For instance, I have been reading up on DCC++ while my 3d printer was...
  4. ikallio1

John, I like that continuous turn potentiometer for rough positioning...I assume you can then assign numbers to each of the approach tracks and command the table to go to a specific one? I have been wondering how I could accomplish that without resorting to complicated optical encoder systems...
  5. ikallio1

I think employing 3d printing for this purpose is a great idea! However, the Geneva drive is fairly limiting in the sense that you have to divide the circle into a certain number of stops, say every N degrees. It would stop at every N degree spot, so in operation it would not look very...
  6. ikallio1

Hehe, I would never drink decaf! But now I have a tapered plate girder beam! I had to massively exaggerate the size of the rivets in order for them to come through at all in the slicer (I'm using Cura) in preparation for the 3d printing process. We'll see how well it actually comes out - it is...
  7. ikallio1

The good thing about having a long hiatus in a project is that technology can catch up to what you need :) That is indeed what has happened in the 6 years this project lay waiting for a better day: 3D printing came out! I have designed the turntable bridge in OpenScad and printed out my first...
  8. ikallio1

; part 2 ; ************************** ; Main ; ************************** Main: Loop: ldi r16,POTPIN ; // read the user input (CW/CCW) potentiometer rcall analogRead ; PotValue = analogRead(PotPin); mov PotValue,r16 IF1...
  9. ikallio1

In case someone is looking for the Assembly (ASM) code for the ATtiny13A, here it is. It is 428 bytes in length so using a bit more than 40 percent of the available code space. The ASM was hand assembled from the original C code. The original C code is left as comments at the end of each ASM...
  10. vane_positions.jpg

vane_positions.jpg

11. positioning_disk.jpg

positioning_disk.jpg

12. positioning_guide.jpg

positioning_guide.jpg

13. positioning_system.jpg

positioning_system.jpg

14. sensor_board.jpg

sensor_board.jpg

15. sensors.jpg

sensors.jpg