Search results

1. Habbyguy

Which way to connect to helix?

Out of the two pics do you guys think I should connect to the helix? Should I split off the main line as in pic 1? Or Raise the main line and go under like in pic 2?
  2. Habbyguy

MRC decoder problem

I just got a MRC 1820 sound decoder for my RS-3(new model). After installing it, I put it on my track and turned on the power. The sound came on and I turned the lights on. Then it went pop and started to smoke. One of the capacitors blew. I forgot to put a piece of tape between the motor and...
  3. Habbyguy

Have to show off :)

I now have all three MP-15DC Atlas gold Southern Rwy of British Columbia Had this one already Just got these two in the mail today. They were the only ones I could find on the internet. All
  4. Habbyguy

EMD F7 lights?

I have a couple of EMD F7's I am converting to DCC with a DH123D. I was wondering how the lighting is supposed to work on these. Are both front lights supposed to be on at the same time in both directions? Or is the top one on in forward and the bottom one on in reverse? Thanks.
  5. Habbyguy

Decoder question

I have MRC AD310 decoders in all my engines(15 years oldish) and am using the Command 2000. I just got a new Atlas MP15DC with decoder and sound. It runs way better than my other engines. Would changing the MRC decoders to newer ones make the engines run better? All the motors have been cleaned...
  6. Habbyguy

New MP15DC

Just picked up the most beautiful Loco. An Atlas MP-15DC Southern Rwy of BC, SYR, W/Sound & DCC. It was the only one I could find anywhere. I can not believe how smooth it runs. Way better than anything else I have. I just have one problem. I have a MRC Command 2000. I have tried to change...
  7. Habbyguy

New plan better?

So do you guys think my new plan is better than the first one? I have no problem getting at all the track. HO scale First New
  8. Habbyguy

Looking for grain trucks

So I grew up in Saskatchewan and am going to model grain stuff. My layout will have a grain farm, grain elevator and so I need grain trucks like the red one in the pic. I can't seam to find any anywhere.
  9. Habbyguy

Reverse loop fix?

Been doing some research on reverse loops. And others have said that if the reverse loop is shorter than the train, the metal wheels on the rolling stock might make a short circuit. Which will be a problem on my layout. So could you not just cut a 1/4" to 1/2" isolation block(dead track) at both...
  10. Habbyguy

American Model Builders

This is what I need for my layout. Can anyone tell me if the kits are good to build? It says "All three kits feature laser-cut parts and Peel & Stick and Tab & Slot construction." What part of the kits peel & stick?
  11. Habbyguy

Help with floor plan

I am looking for your input on floor plans for this house. This is what I am thinking. What do you all think?
  12. Habbyguy

More ground throw

I have looked and can not find. Does anyone know if these ground throws are made?
  13. Habbyguy

Are these HO scale?

Does anyone know if these are HO scale. I saw them at Wal-mart.
  14. Habbyguy

Keep or change this?

Do you guys and gals think I should keep or remove the reverse loops that are circled in red? I was kinda thinking of removing the smaller one so I could elevate the main line against the wall.
  15. Habbyguy

Bridge help

So need a curved bridge on my layout. And want to do this kind of bridge. Does anyone know how high to make the walls? And should I do a one piece curved bridge or two straight bridges? There will be something to support the middle. Thanks
  16. Habbyguy

Need help to plan layout

So I have the bench built and now I need to plan the track work. But I have no idea how to do it. Below is a pic of what area I have to work with. The bench is built around the walls. And the area in the middle is where you wall around in and shows what structures I have. I will be using flex...
  17. Habbyguy

Power Station all of a sudden stopped working

OK, so a long time ago I bought 2 MRC Command 2000's with 2 hand-held controllers and Power Station 8. For the first time yesterday had them hooked up and was programming running some of my engines, which I have had just as long. But I gave them a good cleaning and greasing before running them...
  18. Habbyguy

What should I do with this room?

I would like to have at least 2 loops, maybe 3 loops(if possible). I am DCC ready with a MRC Command 2000 with some hand-held controllers that I have had for years. But right now I just need to figure the best use of space in my empty room. All ideas are welcome. The room is 12' 7" X 9' 8"...

Back