Search results

1. I

Looking for a loco...

Yes, all three units are powered. There's a tether connection between the first A and B units, and the third has it's own decoder. This way it an be run as an A, AB, or ABA setup. I have not seen zinc oxidation on any of my locos, but they've been packed away for a couple of years due to a...
  2. I

Looking for a loco...

Just took this video. I had turned down the volume via DCC programming, so it's a little quieter than out of the box: Video is there, not sure why the thumbnail didn't show up. Hit play, it will ;)
  3. I

Roundhouse diorama

That is looking amazing. I suggest hitting the figures with a coating of dullcoat as they are pretty shiny.
  4. I

Roundhouse diorama

Tedious, certainly, but looks great! What are you using for the belts?
  5. I

Roundhouse diorama

Looking fantastic!!
  6. I

Woodlawn Industrial Park (was Northeastern HO scale switching layout)

Do you need Atlas snap track, or flex track with the brown ties? I have a bunch of snap track for sale.
  7. I

Monthly Picture Thread - April 2021

Currently all packed away as we're in the process of a move to Montana. The majority of my brass collection:
  8. I

Makin Moves

Looking good!
  9. I

Monthy Picture Thread - March 2021

Currently it's a CATastrophe ... it's broken down for our move to Montana from Colorado.
  10. I

Monthy Picture Thread - March 2021

My overseer, CATaloging my every move:
  11. I

Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

Those D&RGW cars are cool! Had not seen those before. Something new to add to the watch list - if, being custom, they can be found. Thanks!
  12. I

A beginner's layout

For scenery confidence I suggest watching Luke Towan on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjRkUtHQ774mTg1vrQ6uA5A) - he shares some great techniques and approaches, and shows outcomes real-time, which is nice. Of course, he makes it look easy as he's been doing it a long time - practice...
  13. I

N scale with Z scale Mixed

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly Nn3 = N scale narrow gauge
  14. I

WALTHERS NATIONAL MODEL RAILROAD BUILD OFF IS GIVING AWAY THOUSANDS!

Yup, I saw that. I replied prior to actually looking at the details due to previous desire to participate and CO saying "nope."
  15. I

WALTHERS NATIONAL MODEL RAILROAD BUILD OFF IS GIVING AWAY THOUSANDS!

As I'm moving out of Colorado in March I can participate this time. 🤘
  16. I

Newbie needs help

Then yes, you'll need to stick to the small locos. The largest radius you will be able to run on that will be 20", and depending on the layout, may see getting into 18" and even 15" radius curves. This will definitely require smaller locos, 0-4-0's, 2-6-0's. #316 you listed above recommends...
  17. I

Newbie needs help

72x42 is not that bad of a space, depending on what you are wanting to accomplish. Defining what your goal is with your RR is also going to influence your decisions on what equipment your going to need (and can use). For example, if you're interested in switching operations, you may not need a...
  18. I

Faller 140433 Jungle Train Roundabout Power Supply

So, in looking at Faller's site, they say this transformer is for use on this product: https://www.faller.de/gb/en/Products/Theme-worlds/Fair/Fair-H0/pid.14.17.90.132/agid.1179/atid.1066/ecm.at/Transformer.html. The AC output amps at 16V is 3.15. Are you sure it should be 60mA? If it really...
  19. I

Faller 140433 Jungle Train Roundabout Power Supply

You could try this one: it's a little low, so may not have enough to power it, or may just move slow, but you won't burn the motor...

Back