Search results

1. Fergmiester

Woodland scenics has burned to the ground!

Thanks Jeff This is good news as I'm on a ballasting binge! Though I will be heading to the LHS tomorrow to stock up (not hoard). Fergie
  2. Fergmiester

Old Yard area now for diesel service.

I'm impressed! Looks very good Rex! Please provide more picks as you progress. Fergie
  3. Fergmiester

Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

Good Evening All Top me up please Steve: Nuff said! It's a big thing you are doing especially as you are leaving family behind. Canada is screaming for nurses. (they tried to recruit me when Dad was sick so things must be desperate:D) Anyway watched your links on the new Loco. Dad would...
  4. Fergmiester

Good Day to you all Mr. Howard extended an invite and now I know why:o Ah yes the 2 for 1 special~! You buy one for me and I buy 2 (dozen) for you. Nice to know some things just don't change:rolleyes: Since Ray is offering I might as well go for bust. I'll have the Surf and Turf special...
  5. Fergmiester

This can truly ruin a Mariner's day! I'll just top up the mug please and thanks Fergie
  6. Fergmiester

Coffee shop part 9

Good Morning All Free Coffee and donuts on me for the next hour That should rouse Ray from his deep Saturday morning slumber:D It's a balmy -6c here and with a winter Storm watch being called for tomorrow:( Willis: Checked up on your updates to the Layout... Excellent! Wish I could have...
  7. Fergmiester

Coffee shop part 9

Good Morning All Steve: I hate seeing pictures like those! God it's every Mariner's worst fear come true! Lucky all got off safely. Rex: Glad you faired well in those Storms as it looked very ugly on the News. Well looking at the NWS/NOAA long range forecast maps it looks like we are in...
  8. Fergmiester

Coffee shop part 9

Good Morning All Yes it's been a long time but with all the decorating I kept walking past the place because I didn't recognize it... That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Nice Pics on the wall Steve! I Guess this one is on me. Yes Ray you can have the Pecan pie ala mode on my tab. Some...
  9. Fergmiester

Coffee Shop Part VII is now OPEN

Cool I'll buy Just put it on Rays' account, Oh is that pecan pie? Might as well! Thank You! Fergie
  10. Fergmiester

Coffee Shop Part VI

Morning All Ken I feel for ya. I should consider myself very lucky as both my kids 16 and 14 are not into designer clothing or text messaging. We have two cell phones one for each vehicle and no spy camera. However we have three PS2's in the house (one for each kid) Saying that I too am...
  11. Fergmiester

Coffee Shop Part VI

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REX! Yes, Plays Trains! Steve: Congrats on the big move, this is where the fun begins... And remember if you're shipping by Container Ship, Don't do it in January and make sure you're stored below decks as those top tiers forward always seem to go for a swim! Later All...
  12. Fergmiester

Coffee Shop Part VI

Waterfall? Heck I could just "barely" make out a lake... there was a lake, right? Happy Birthday Phil! Just boought some Semaphores for the MESS today, We're going real high tech! Ray: You left a piece of the Birthday cake behind. Unfortunately the mouse got to it before I did... He was...
  13. Fergmiester

Coffee Shop Part VI

Good Aftenoon All Just passing through as I've had a busy day sorting out Dad's estate. Hateful business but unfortunately something that has to be done. Once again thank you for the condolances. I really have been keeping a lid on it as this is a fun place to be and the last thing I want to...
  14. Fergmiester

Coffee Shop Part VI

Ken:Thank You. unfortunately it was to be and yes he will be dearly missed but life must and will continue. As for the f stop thingy it's one of the reasons I went to DSLR as the sure shots gave little if any latitude to play with the controls. Many of the non SLR digital cameras have fixed...
  15. Fergmiester

Coffee Shop Part VI

When I went DSLR I was, to a point, out of my league as new technology brought new challenges and new tools. So I went out and got... You guessed it:rolleyes: "Digital SLR Photography with Photoshop CS2 All-in-One for DUMMIES:D Great little book which fills in the blanks Fergie
  16. Fergmiester

Coffee Shop Part VI

Good Day All Just thought I'd pop in and say hi as I haven't been around for a while. Ray: Love the Bandstand! Tell me your not going to perform on it... are ya? It's raining hard here and I'm on my way down to the MESS to contemplate it's future. I have many decisions to make none to...
  17. Fergmiester

Coffee Shop Part VI

Good Morning All and thanks for the welcome back One of the other reasons I was not around was I was busy trying to get my garden in order. The new retaining wall (pics to follow) was only suppose to take me a week but took me 3 and a bit and it's still not finished. I've also been asked to...
  18. Fergmiester

Coffee Shop Part VI

Good Afternoon All Yes I'm still alive and well! Been a very busy summer so far as I am still working in the garden building a new retaining wall, renovations are still ongoing and Dad spent 25 out of 28 days of my time off in the hospital but is now on the mend and doing ok. That is a story in...
  19. Fergmiester

Coffee Shop Part V

Morning All Just another "Large" Day on the North Atlantic here finally got to see a sunset after two weeks fo Ichh weather. Not a cloud in the sky! Got the Steam Shovel all but finished, just need to paint it and rig it. Started building "Groger's Grocery" by Micro Engineering last night...
  20. Fergmiester

Coffee Shop Part V

Crappy Morning from the foggy North Atlantic, No end in sight, no land in sight! :( No Steve the way it was explained was the warmer the oceans are the less it's ability to absorb Carbon. At present the difference is about 4 mega tonnes a year. So At present the Oceans give off 100 mega...

Back