Search results

1. enjineerbill

Merry Christmas 2012

From our House, to yours.... "Merry Christmas!"
  2. enjineerbill

Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

A bit of backround for this thread; Years ago, many circus and carnivals traveled by rail. When they took a break(usually) in the winter months, they would keep equipment , animals and other related items on company owned property. Most of these properties were owned by the shows and had...
  3. enjineerbill

1975-1976 American Freedom Train

A couple years ago, I built my first American Freedom Train in HO scale. Since then, 3 more have been built with 26 cars in each. I recently was able to retrieve photos that were deleted and/or lost and thought I would share them here for those interested in the train. This particular train is...
  4. enjineerbill

Greenbrier Presidential Express finished and shipped!!

The 15 car Greenbrier Presidential Express has been completed and shipped to Ross Rowland and co. The train turned out beautiful and the prtotype makes it's debut in the summer of 2012. This O gauge model will be displayed and run in the resort lobby. The entire train is in my member galleries...
  5. enjineerbill

Greenbrier Presidential Express

Hi All, For those following the Greenbrier Express Train in O scale, here are some recent progress shots of the cars. Moving forward as the board cleared my recommendations of placement of the 'dome' and the scripted 'G'. On the prototype the dome ends face Washington DC, and the G's face the...
  6. enjineerbill

Hello, I know It has been a while....

Hello Again, Thanks to all who private messaged me and kept in touch through e-mails. Although I haven't posted in a while, I have been following from time to time and still enjoy this forum, due to the wide array of topics and helpful folks. My life took a sidetrack for a few months(read...
  7. enjineerbill

SNEAK PEEK at April RMC

Here's a look at the upcoming April, 2010 issue of Railroad Model Craftsman. This is the American Freedom Train I built and painted for a friend in PA. I actually only constructed about a dozen of the cars, but I (RippTrak Models)refurbished the entire train with new paint & decals. If you go to...
  8. enjineerbill

HO Scale Circus Models

I'll start this thread to share photos of my circus models in varying stages of completion. I had a circus thread before, but I moved the pictures in the host albums and screwed up the thread, sorry. Anyway I'll post my circus related model pics here. This is a portion of vehicles being...
  9. enjineerbill

Modern arena type circus train....

I know, I got lost.....but it doesn't mean I haven't been busy. Besides completing and selling 2 more complete American Freedom Trains(thank you), I have been building the circus models I've collected over the years. But of late are the wagons for the RBBB style arena wagons seen on the big...
  10. enjineerbill

For those who have asked....

For those of you who have asked me for a photo roll-by of the American Freedom Train, it's finally done. The 25 car train is shown from front to back on the engineers' side. The display car windows are of the "shadowbox" side and are replicas of the original windows. It's best to go to...
  11. enjineerbill

First Showing of Freedom Train....

Hello, This past weekend March 21st and 22nd, 2009, was the first public showing of my HO scale American Freedom Train. The show was sponsored by the La Crosse and Three Rivers Model railroad club and proved to be a very well run family show. Highlights included LEGO trains and at least a...
  12. enjineerbill

AFT Roll-By!!

HO Scale American Freedom Train Although the train traveled in different configurations, this is one I have seen in videos. The train will make its' debut this March 21st and 22nd here in La Crosse , Wisconsin, at the La Crosse and 3Rivers Train Show...
  13. enjineerbill

Circus Train Thread

Once in a while, I see a post inquiring about Circus Trains. This thread is for anyone who has an interest in any type of show trains. Please feel free to post pics, questions, comments or information regarding these types of trains. I myself, have an interest in any type of "special" trains...
  14. enjineerbill

Updated(extended) AFT video...

Hello All, Finally getting caught up to the point of regaining some sanity. Here is an updated video of my American Freedom Train construction project. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1U4XjYAoF8 Enjoy and Thanks for looking. Johnny
  15. enjineerbill

First pics of MadCoW Geep...

After many months of waiting, railfans are being treated to the new MadCoW paint scheme. I caught the first re-painted geep after it was set out by the CNW at Dachshundville. Here she is waiting for the mechanical dept. initial inspection. And from the highway... I then...
  16. enjineerbill

The MadCow Starts to Re-Paint!!!

Dateline--Wisconsin-- For IMMEDIATE release... After a ton of name calling that would make Don Imus sound like a preacher, The CEO of Madison Central of Wisconsin has announced plans to start repainting some of it's fleet. For years the railroad nicknamed the 'MadCoW', has been operating...
  17. enjineerbill

A (semi) quick review...

For those who like to see the progress of a project....without having to go back through a thread.........:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92lTcXGl2gU Johnny
  18. enjineerbill

KATO SD 80MAC Question.........

Hi, I need some help. I have taken on a paint project for a friend and it requires the disassembly of the KATO SD80MAC. I have the shell off but need to get the cab windows out to paint the cab. I really don't know what steps or sequence to follow, the KATO USA site is no help, can anyone offer...
  19. enjineerbill

From the OLD files.......

Every once in a while, I'll be looking through folders and come across older(early pics) of my models and modeling. You know, the good, the bad and the downright UGLY. Feel free to show your stuff as well. I think this could be kind of fun. When I first started building modules, they were in...
  20. enjineerbill

More from the HO Scale MadCoW....

Well I've been busy with multiple projects this year and thought I'd better get to posting something about the layout. As a refresher, the layout actually started as dioramas that I have pieced together to form the different areas of the layout. This will cover the area between the dioramas...

Back