Search results

1. BN8002

ATSF Caboose

This is a HO Key Imports brass #2201 Class Flat Side caboose that I painted for my dad for his birthday. I added a details west antenna to the roof and used plastic slide covers for window glazing. I used tru-color paint for the car body, and floquil for the trucks, under frame, wheels...
  2. BN8002

My newest B-Unit

This is my newest B-unit. BN 7600 SD40B. Was later sold to the SOO who had it on their roster atleast until 2009. Started as an athearn RTR SD40. Added styrene and cannon doors to the short hood and moved the dynamics to the short hood. I modified a non dynamic cover for a blue box athearn...
  3. BN8002

Owner of TrainStop in San Dimas, Ca dies

I just read today that the owner of the train stop in san dimas, Paul Kirby, died earlier this month. The store is currently closed with no timeline on reopening. Their website http://www.trainstop.com confirms the story and reiterates the store being closed. I grew up in San Dimas so I used...
  4. BN8002

So. Cal. Railfan icon, Bob Gottier passes away

Noted railfan and modeler, Robert (Bob) Gottier of Pomona, (Ca.) passed away early this morning of renal failure. I heard the news this evening from a friend of mine. I first met Bob at the Pomona Model Railroad club when I joined about 7 or 8 years ago. He was truly a great photographer...
  5. BN8002

Made some progress on the layout

Made some progress this weekend on my layout. Got the helix about half built and about 1/3 of the track layed on it. Once I get the helix finished I can glue all the track on the layout.
  6. BN8002

My latest B-unit

Well, I finally finished painting my most recent b-unit, BN's SD40-2B #7500...now i need to decal and detail it...Started with an athearn sd40-2 shell, cut off the nose and battery boxes..added a cannon high hood conversion, created a new walkway where the battery boxes were, and filled in the...
  7. BN8002

broke out the airbrush today

I broke out my airbrush today to do some painting for my dad...I just painted the decks to look like wood instead of the brown that athearn uses or the light tan tyco uses on their flats. I think they came out pretty good..still need to put the hitches and all the rub rails back on and clean up...
  8. BN8002

A bit of a quiz for you...

I know I'm new here but I am kind of curious what some of you may know. I shot this unit in July of 2009. I know its heritage, but I'm curious if any of you do. And no google searches. I want you guys to shoot from the hip

Back