Search results

1. Rybcon

Weathered Structures

I'm looking to see examples of how a brick structure weathers. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
  2. Rybcon

Box Car Decals

Where can I get standard decals for a box car? I checked Microscale, but didn't find the small writing that's on the cars.
  3. Rybcon

Track Help

1) I downloaded the free Atlas Layout program. 2) I have a lot of 36" flex track from 20 years ago To design a layout do I select Code 83, Code 100 or Tru-track? How do I determine what track I have? Thanks
  4. Rybcon

Grime

What's the best way to go about adding "grime" to a GP-9? It would be considered relatively new to the line so there wouldn't be any rust per se. But it is in a city environment. Thanks!
  5. Rybcon

Airbrush Compressor

Okay, I have an "old" compressor (Speedy Sprayer). There's a plastic plug on the side that you can pop out with your fingernail. Does this mean it probably takes oil? What kind? How much? The compressor runs fine - noisy - but I don't want to damage it. BTW, I'm not totally senile (yet)...
  6. Rybcon

Loco Details

So where does one go to find all those cool details I see on the locomotives. Lilke the front dangly hoses, etc. Thanks!! :cool:
  7. Rybcon

Late 1800s

Does anybody have a layout depicting 1860 to 19XX?
  8. Rybcon

SW1200 vs. SW1500

What are the physical appearance differences between the two?
  9. Rybcon

Working diesel

What would be a good working diesel that would've appeared in the late 1940's? I'm picturing something like a SW1500, but I know that's much more modern.
  10. Rybcon

What does I got?

I have an Athearn Santa Fe GP9 PWR. So what do I really have? A cheapy? Decent? What era? Thanks!
  11. Rybcon

Flash Back!!

Anyone else old enough? I remember helping my Dad putting down track. The road bed was wood with the ties "carved" in. You then took the rail and laid it on the ties and anchored it with very small railroad spikes using a tap hammer and a punch. To lay the other rail you had a rail gauge to...
  12. Rybcon

Time To Start (Again)

I should have thought about looking for this forum long ago!! I'm thinking it's time to give it a go again. My dad had a layout and dioramas, all in HO scale, when we were growing up. After I got married, I had started a layout in our first home, but then we moved and everything stayed in...

Back