Search results

1. N

> 2.5%? Why Not?

Dear Ross, With all do respect for the diesel fans.... Nobody ( diesel locomotive manufacturer) has been able to produce a diesel locomotive that equals the performance of a steam engine. (real world) Many diesels have to ride in consist to do the work of one Big Boy locomotive. This is...
  2. N

my first layout - please comment!

Hey Joseph, Are you not afraid that the radius on your layout is going to be very tight? This will result into the fact that your layout can only handle small engines and cars. I personally think that the layout will be boring after a while, I believe that a layout needs a purpose. What is...
  3. N

Examining the On30 Bachmann Outside Frame 2-8-0

Hey Harold, FYI, I have bought the same locomotive from Bachmann yesterday morning @ Caboose Hobbies in Denver. I will try to modify it into an On3 machine. I will let you know how it went later on. Have a nice day. Constantin De Bock
  4. N

Spline Roadbed

Bill, That way of building looks very crisp. Hope to see more pictures of your progress in the near future. Constantin
  5. N

Harold, Thank you for the info. I have visited your website many times and liked it very much. By the way, did you go back to On30? If you did, than I believe that this was a wise decission. I'm looking forward to updates on your website. Keep up the good work. Sincerely Constantin
  6. N

HELP! Kadee couplers unreliable in unit train!

Hey Switchman, I had similar problems with other kadee couplers and solved it by greasing them with graphite powder. Try , maybe this is your problem. Have a nice day. Constantin
  7. N

Harold, Do you think that this engine has enough tolerance at the wheels to be modified into a On3 locomotive? The distance between the wheels in On3 are 1/8 of an inch larger than On30. I'm looking forward to your reply. Sincerely Constantin
  8. N

Lights burnt out fast

Hey Man, 1) Check the operating voltages of the devices and the voltage of your power source first.( possible burnt out of your devices due to a to high power source output voltage) 2) Check if your devices have to work on a DC or a AC power source and check your AC and /or DC power...
  9. N

Trackplan at last. All comments Welcomed and Wanted.

Do not forget to add an arrival/departure track and swith lead in your yards. Avoid using the main line to do your switching. I hope that this little tip may help you building a pleasant and good model railroad. Constantin
  10. N

Your opinion on new layout design

Your layout looks nice, so think twice before your tear down what you have!!! That is my 2 cents of advise. Do you have a layout plan?. ( Trackplan) Stan
  11. N

Free shipping containers

Thank you for the tip. Constantin De Bock
  12. N

Attaching metal stirrup to plastic boxcar...HELP!

Switchman, I use a mixture of CA glue with Microballoons and/or baking powder. The glue is the bonding agent and the micoballons/baking soda is the filler. It acts like a metal weld, making it very strong and light. I used this technique when I was building RC model aircraft to attach hinges...
  13. N

Soldering track work…

Hey Curtis, Set your temp setting @ 40 watt. The reason that your ties melt is because you have to heat up your rail joint to long to obtain the right melting temperature of your souder. In the mean time the heat is travelling through your rail destroying the next 2 or 3 ties. The whole...
  14. N

Wiring Problem.....Sorta....

Hey Big railnut, Kalmbach books (modelrailroader) has a book about wiring your layout. The titel is "Your guide to EASY MODEL RAILROAD WIRING, Practical, flexible wiring for any layout" by Andy Sperandeo. The ISBN number is 0-89024-060-4 You can order it at the modelrailroad website or @...
  15. N

Wiring Problem.....Sorta....

Can you provide a layout plan? If I had a visual of your layout than I could provide you with a wiring plan and a way to test it out Let me know what I can do to help you with this matter. Constantin
  16. N

Any Other O Gaugers Here?

I model in On3 Carl, I'm also a new member on this site and I model in On3. O scale narrow gauge prototype. ( on 3 feet track / DRGW) I noticed that there is not much activity in this group here on this site. Maybe we can change that in the future. I hope to talk to you soon...
  17. N

Design Theory, a Rookie's Perspective

Space Mouse, replace the word layouts with the word people and you will better understand whats happening. At least this is my experience when you work in a group of people at the model train club. This hobby is not just about running little trains. I liked your input about this matter.

Back