Search results

1. M

Has anyone dealt with Kenny Collins at DCC plus?

Looking to have some work done and he was the first result to pull on Google. Was wondering if anyone has dealt with him. Thanks
  2. M

Wpf 9/13/15-9/19/15

Reposting from the last thread to start it off this week. Pulling some coal on the layout.
  3. M

Got my hands on some CRIP Geeps

I mostly model BNSF but I had to get these units because I couldn't pass the deal. Always had a soft spot for the CRIP. The weathered one is a P2K unit that was already weathered. And the fresh one is an Athearn Genesis unit with Tsunami Sound. Got a great deal on them and I'm looking...
  4. M

Adding to the Collection

Well, I was down in Marion IL for a week for work and came across this hobby store called Chuck's Depot. My god does he have stuff you just can't find on the shelves of a hobby shop anymore. TONS of IC rolling stock and engines, not to mention lots of older Athearn Genesis (Yellow Box handrails...
  5. M

Wpf 06/06 - 06/12

Okay, I'm starting this thread off early seeing as last weeks only has a few hours left... ;) Got some great shots at the club today. Finally easing into this 20D and learning how the fstop affects the image quality. Here they are. My friend picked up an Alton & Southern transfer caboose the...
  6. M

Wpf 4/11-4/16

I'm starting it off this week with lots of club photos I took with the new (to me) 20D. Post up what you've got!
  7. M

Looking for input from all of the layout designing brain geniuses here

Okay, long story short I have a friend who is going to begin modeling the Ellis and Eastern RR (Sioux Falls, SD). They are a privately owned RR and have 5 engines so it wouldn't be too hard to model all 5 on one small layout. It interchanges with BNSF to the south east. If you take a look on...
  8. M

Weekly Photo Thread 9/11/14 Thru 9/18/14

I'll start it off! I got those darned P2K SD60M's running finally. The worm gears were bugged up with all kinds of sticky grease. Here's a short video. Sorry for the choppiness! I'll post a few pictures tomorrow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjSuhCOzDXY
  9. M

P2K SD60Ms having issues, advice?

So I purchased 3 P2K SD60Ms from a train show the other day. The seller said they may or may not have decoders in them because they had two digit address stickers on the box. I took them up to the club today to check and see, low and behold they do. When I type in the two digit address on my...
  10. M

Looking for manuals or instructions

So i bought 3 Proto 2000 SD60M's in BNSF liveries. There are no instructions with the locomotives. I am not sure where to apply the detail parts and having a booklet would be handy. Does anyone know where I could find a copy?
  11. M

Holy affordable prices, Batman!

Went shopping here in their brick and mortar store last weekend. Everything is so cheap... Take a Walther's Proto 2000 Auto Rack for example on M.B.Klein. http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/product-p/920-101317.htm $37.99 Now at Lombard Hobbies...
  12. M

Having issues and need some advice

I purchased an Athearn RTR Dash 944CW the other day that was DCC quick plug equipped. When I got it home I threw in a Digitrax DH123 decoder. JMRI can detect the decoder just fine and let's me edit the roster number and write the changes, but when I place it on the track and attempt to pick the...
  13. M

Anyone planning on making a new BN SD60M?

It seems athearn had the last run of these in 2008, and that there is no more new stock left. Anyone heard any rumors of someone bringing back the SD60M this year? Mike
  14. M

Tossing around the idea of building a switching layout

I don't have much time to delve into this at the moment, but I did want to throw out my track plan I was considering so some of you could look at it. I am also toying with the idea of going around the entire room, but most likely not. I'll be building using Kato Unitrack since that is what I...
  15. M

WPF 4-30 to 5-7

Well shoot. I'll start it off this week with some more coal load pictures...lol Starting from this reply You can thank my club for doing such great workmanship to make sure that our layout is great! Starting with a block of foam cut to approximate size of hopper. Then you can...
  16. M

First Attempt At Weathering

Well, I've joined a club and its come to the point that all I'm currently doing is running trains. So I figured it was time to start weathering my equipment that way I can still enjoy the hobby from home. These are my first attempts at weathering some rolling stock, I've never done this so I...
  17. M

LBF 50 foot HiCube Boxcar missing underframe. Any ideas?

LBF 60 foot HiCube Boxcar missing underframe. Any ideas? So I went to a train show, and picked up an LBF 60 foot HiCube Boxcar for around $10. Well I get home, unbox the kit and lay out all the pieces. Turns out the entire underframe is missing. I know LBF is no longer in business so does...
  18. M

My package from M.B. Klein arrived today!

Can't wait to run trains up at the club next month! ;)
  19. M

A Few Pics of my HO Equipment

I've been collecting HO for a few years now, trying to bulk up my roster for when I have room for a nice layout with big swooping curves and long stretches of main line! Currently I have no room for any of this in my home, and I am building an N Scale Coffee Table to cope with no model train...
  20. M

N Scale Coffee Table Design. Help!

So I'm going through with a coffee table layout base on N Scale and I need some suggestions on how to go about building this table. Here's the track plan I'm going with, so it's going to be 2' x 4 1/3'. I'm going to run BNSF equipment and have it based as either running coal hoppers or...

Back