Search results

1. M

WPF Oct. 9 - 15

Nothing to report model wise this week. Did catch a photo of the NS Southern Heritage unit though.
  2. M

Has anyone dealt with Kenny Collins at DCC plus?

Looking to have some work done and he was the first result to pull on Google. Was wondering if anyone has dealt with him. Thanks
  3. M

Wpf 9/13/15-9/19/15

Reposting from the last thread to start it off this week. Pulling some coal on the layout.
  4. M

WPF Sept 5th - 12th

Too hard deciding if I should save this or not for the next thread...Oh well I'll post it now. lol.
  5. M

Who Keeps the Empty Boxes for Your Rolling Stock

Keep the boxes. This is one thing that not a lot of people like talking about but when it comes time to make the collection smaller the cars will hold a much better value with their boxes. It will make it easier for the family to deal with as well if something is to happen to us. Just put them...
  6. M

Railroading Picture Contest

Feel free to use whatever you'd like out of these. All taken by me.
  7. M

WPF Aug. 28th to Sept. 4th

I bought more stuff. Oops.
  8. M

Got my hands on some CRIP Geeps

I mostly model BNSF but I had to get these units because I couldn't pass the deal. Always had a soft spot for the CRIP. The weathered one is a P2K unit that was already weathered. And the fresh one is an Athearn Genesis unit with Tsunami Sound. Got a great deal on them and I'm looking...
  9. M

Had it with Digitrax!

Tony, you have a PM. I've heard lots of good things about NCE.
  10. M

Windows 10 not for me.

Everyone has an opinion and I respect that, but you can hardly say that Xbox has failed. Yes PS4 has outsold Xbox One by nearly twice as many units, but it still has more units shipped than the Wii U. Also for people like me who have an Xbox One the ability to be able to stream games to my PC...
  11. M

Adding to the Collection

No he does not. Just a guy with a hobbyshop.
  12. M

Mbta gp40mc!

Well I can for sure tell that it is not the same as in the photo of the prototypical model. There is a hump that comes down on top of the cab. Regardless the model looks good and is pretty close.
  13. M

Adding to the Collection

Rico I'm not sure if his info is on there but I know he doesn't have a website. I offered to make him one which I might. His phone number is (618) 993-9179 and they're open from 1:30pm-6pm central time. Give him a call he may do phone orders!
  14. M

Adding to the Collection

A LOT of it. I will definitely be back to say the least.
  15. M

Adding to the Collection

@Greg I completely agree. He happened to be only 2 miles from where my hotel was. I stopped in two seperate times and bought some stuff. Chuck is extremely nice and just likes to talk about trains! I'll post a few pictures of his shop. @Rico that's what I'm saying! I've never paid $70 for a...
  16. M

Adding to the Collection

No he does not. He retired from Illinois Central and built a house modeled after an old IC depot. His layout is in the basement, hobby store is on the main floor, and him and his wife live upstairs. He's retired and runs the shop by himself and doesn't see the need for a website. He had a...
  17. M

CNW switching layout

Looks good, Steve! I'll have to come over soon and switch out the paper mill.
  18. M

Adding to the Collection

Well, I was down in Marion IL for a week for work and came across this hobby store called Chuck's Depot. My god does he have stuff you just can't find on the shelves of a hobby shop anymore. TONS of IC rolling stock and engines, not to mention lots of older Athearn Genesis (Yellow Box handrails...
  19. M

Wpf 06/06 - 06/12

Thanks! You and me both :D How much a month? Looks like a good spot to catch trains!
  20. M

Wpf 06/06 - 06/12

Okay, I'm starting this thread off early seeing as last weeks only has a few hours left... ;) Got some great shots at the club today. Finally easing into this 20D and learning how the fstop affects the image quality. Here they are. My friend picked up an Alton & Southern transfer caboose the...

Back