Search results

1. flyboy2610

Atlas and Peco track ?

I have a mixture of Peco and Atlas track on my layout. I've never had any issues.
  2. flyboy2610

Fastest car on the layout!!!!

Hot Rod Lincoln?
  3. flyboy2610

Organizing desk/workbench

https://www.harborfreight.com/desktop-magnifying-lamp-60642.html?_br_psugg_q=magnifying+light
  4. flyboy2610

CHRISTMAS GREETINGS

Now, THAT'S a mental image I didn't need to have! 🤮
  5. flyboy2610

Luacity Trains

That's always a red flag for me right there!
  6. flyboy2610

The Union Pacific Soggy Bottoms Subdivision (HO scale)

Finished up the flatcar. The strapping is .5mm elastic thread. I used some grimy black and flat earth to tone down the shine of the deck. The 4x4 blocking is styrene strip. I tried to simulate that nice gray color that CCA treated wood gets when it's exposed to the element s for a long time. I...
  7. flyboy2610

Yes, that is the drive housing. These came from the Tamiya 1/35 kit that was designed to be motorized back in the 70's. I really like your gondola loads!
  8. flyboy2610

HP and Sackville Railroad

I don't know what your track spacing is, but 4 #6 Atlas turnouts and a 19 degree crossing will make a double crossover with (IIRC) a 3" track spacing. You could do the same with Peco turnouts, but the crossing would need to be a 24 degree crossing.
  9. flyboy2610

Those make nice gondola loads!
  10. flyboy2610

I got most of the painting done on the flatcar project. The deck of the flatcar is painted with Badger ModelFlex Armour Yellow, and then I used Tamiya Panel Liner (black) to highlight the deck seams. Any excess was rolled across the deck with a cotton swab. The under-frame, sides, and deck were...
  11. flyboy2610

Doubleheader…

I'll do that! That looks like an interesting project. I've never built a Trumpeter kit. May have to do that one 'a these days.
  12. flyboy2610

Doubleheader…

I enjoy building armor kits, myself. What are you building? My next project will be an M48A2 Patton tank done in IDF scheme. The Monogram kit.
  13. flyboy2610

HO Scale Marklin Car Coupler Replacement

If you want to swap the trucks on the boxcar, you can glue a piece of styrene rod into the pin hole (if the pin is removable), then drill and tap the rod for a screw.
  14. flyboy2610

Class One Model Works

Ya know, if people would just treat those flatcars better they wouldn't be depressed.
  15. flyboy2610

Got a landscaping crew in today…

Maybe you have some desert tortoises you don't know about?
  16. flyboy2610

The flatcar and load, plus Kadee #148 couplers and metal wheels, came to just under 3 ounces in weight. Should be closer to 5 ounces. I had some metal Pinewood Derby car weights from when my now 24 yr old son was in Cub Scouts. (Seems like it was just last week!) The shape of them is just about...
  17. flyboy2610

Haven't done much with the layout recently. :oops: :oops: I have re-discovered my passion for building model tanks. I used to build them waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when I was a kid. Now I can get into them in a bit more depth. I just finished a Tamiya 1/35 scale Russian WWII T-34/76. The 76...
  18. flyboy2610

Cordless power tools

The batteries used in RC aircraft are lithium-polymer (Li-Po for short). The batteries used in cordless tools are lithium-ion. It's still not a good idea to leave them on the charger unattended, though.

Back