Search results

1. W

Cafe-Gas Station made from Train Staion

Ebay recently had a bunch of built up Revell 60's era vehicles for sale. Check it out!
  2. W

Automobiles; Which are the best for an HO layout?

The Life-Like vehicles are the old Varney line. They're fine for the background. Up front...eh. They do have one good feature though. If you want to model a car wreck, or a beat up vehicle, they're plastic and inexpensive. Simply touch em carefully with a heat-source and back off fast.
  3. W

Cafe-Gas Station made from Train Staion

Great modeling. I like the traffic jam in "West Bum Fork", gives me a chuckle. Nice to know small towns get traffic jams too. I will admit to being a little curious about all the 50's era cars, I thought you said you were modeling the 70s. Still, in some areas, I guess that wouldn't be uncommon.
  4. W

Planning a logging/coal layout.

Check out Professor George Pierson's layout. PRR and Tuscarora Valley narrow gauge. It's sweet, top notch modeling and a welcome break from all the Colorado/Western NG out there.
  5. W

Who is the REAL Tooter?

According to my wife.....ME! :D :eek:
  6. W

Coal mine outbuildings

I have both those books, plus Stan Cohen's King Coal but they don't give me an idea of which kits would work best for the outbuildings. Dynamite sheds are easy and not very large, but I model the 1950s, didn't mines stop using them in the 30s?
  7. W

Coal mine outbuildings

I have limited space and a small tipple; can anyone suggest what kits to use for outbuildings and which outbuildings to include?
  8. W

Tracks laid - what's 'next'?

My first M&WV's scenery was made from foam, and I used Perma Scene (no longer available) and Brandt's scenery mix. If you want relatively level terrain, what you can do is use plain old cardboard cut into contour shapes (like on a USGS topographic map) and then cover that with commercially...
  9. W

My first model in years

The Aurora gas station and railroad station were apparently bought by Tyco; their brown box built-up gas station and passenger station are the Aurora models. The kits for these two models have not been on the market for a long time. It would be nice to see them again.
  10. W

Armstrong #2

This was built by my now late friend Tom Rimer. The original model was in Railroad Model Craftsman and was I believe a Don McFall creation in N scale.
  11. W

My first model in years

I like it! Congrats as well to Polar Lights or whatever company re-did the Aurora kit. I can only hope that that company will re-release other Aurora kits as well. The gas station, the church, and of course...the railroad station.
  12. W

train almost hits cat

Watching video and humming Weird Al's parody song: Didja ever think when you eat Chinese it ain't pork or chicken but a fat Siamese...
  13. W

Pictures of Sand and Gravel office

Revell (now Con-Cor) did a sand-coal-gravel trestle in HO scale back in the early 60's which might give you a clue as to what one looked like.
  14. W

Walthers # 933-3098 Valley Cement

Actually, Valley Cement has two large corrugated buildings that I want to use as add-ons to the NR Mine.
  15. W

Grandt Line Ore Bin

This looks like it would make a decent truck dump. Has anyone made a kitbash of it?
  16. W

Walthers # 933-3098 Valley Cement

I was referring to the two large corrugated buildings connected by the large conveyors. They're shaped as though they belong to a coal prep plant which is why I was considering them. True, Evergreen does make sheets of the material however. As to whether it would match the Walthers' New River...
  17. W

Ready to run narrow gauge locos: Is it time?

There's a revelation. Bachmann owns Lilliput?
  18. W

The MDC line is already out there. All Horizon has to do is put it out again which would be the simplest short term solution. Past that, Bachmann could also take advantage of HOn30 with Spectrum and easily convertible HOn30 cars, not unlike their On30 line.
  19. W

HOn30 Brick Yard train

A nicely done train and great deal by BCH on the re-make. All new mechanisms/gearing. Here's hoping BCH does more of the old line.
  20. W

The fact of the matter still remains: Blackstone (a quality product, nothing wrong with BSM) only models Western stuff. They've made no move toward generic/Eastern prototypes. A local hobby shop in PA has managed to bring back the former AHM Minitrains line in HOn30, with decent mechanisms...

Back