Search results

1. irocinblue89

shelf layout design questions

Here is an idea of what I'm trying to accomplish. I increased the lumber dimension to 1x3. The 20" is the lower level. The upper level has track no deeper than 21 1/2" from the edge.
  2. irocinblue89

i couldnt help myself

Hi Black, long time indeed. I'm not sure why Athearn is doing oil tenders on them. I'll have to consult a few books but afaik they only tried oil on 1 of them and it didn't work well. I was looking at adding one of the Athearns' but the #'s I would be interested in have oil tenders. I really...
  3. irocinblue89

I like the idea but I was wanting to stay away from diagonal braces. Just to keep as much room as I can for the lower level. I have no doubt it holds a tremendous amount of weight, more than I require actually. Maybe I'm being unrealistic but I was hoping to just use a horizontal piece of wood...
  4. irocinblue89

D&J That is really nice. Can I inquire on the shelf heights? I too have exposed studs but wish to keep the plywood vanes thinner than what you have. I was trying to keep around 16" between levels. And doing that, I would want as much clear height between them. I have a rough plan of 56" for the...
  5. irocinblue89

Hello everyone! After a 6 month hiatus I am finally able to get back to model railroading. I have truly missed the forum and the help! With the new house comes a new layout. :D Anyways, I will refrain from posting the layout design for personal reasons, but I could really use some help/input on...
  6. irocinblue89

i couldnt help myself

I say go for it. U.P. had 25 of em. I have 11.
  7. irocinblue89

WPF Aug 4 to Aug 11

Not really a pic but I have a video! Purchased a new camera and this is my first run with it. The next time I think I'm going to set up trains running around to give you some action. Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nquN6nLufg&feature=youtu.be
  8. irocinblue89

finally got the 4-8-2

Well, get it fixed?
  9. irocinblue89

HO Bachmann 4-8-4 Northern Greyhound

Very nice. You don't see many people do this, or at least document it. Thanks, and keep posting progress!
  10. irocinblue89

My layout

Looks great! I like the built in cubby.
  11. irocinblue89

0-8-2 Consolidation

Green and red, you could use that under the tree too!
  12. irocinblue89

My layout

It's not real unless there are pictures! LOL
  13. irocinblue89

Next project

The 4 speakers have an impedance of 8ohms. As far as the sound, I like the 5 foot rule because the club layout is big enough you do not hear the loco the whole way around. You maybe hear it 20% of the time.
  14. irocinblue89

Broadway Limited Imports new Y6b

I had the first run and loved it. I just had to decide East or West. I choose steam from the West. OOOHHH how I miss my Y6. It has the club record of 175 cars on our water line. 3 trips around with out derail, uncoupling, or help is what it takes to make it official. One of the members has old...
  15. irocinblue89

MBTA Project Complete!!!!!

Nice work!!!
  16. irocinblue89

Next project

Toot: Back in my days >COUGH< I vaguely remember friends talking about using resistors or another form of cheap electrical device to limit the frequency of the incoming signal to said speaker. Now, my disclaimer - I cannot recall if it was a pipe dream, if I was on something, if it was kids...
  17. irocinblue89

Next project

UUUUHHHH is all I can say about it. Underwhelming. So, if I break it down, the speakers in the tender sound amazing. The speakers in the loco are not very audible. I cut one of the speaker wires to the tender speakers so I could listen to the loco speakers and they sounded O.K. But the 2 in the...
  18. irocinblue89

WPF Jun 29 - Jul 5th

As always, a great start. Here is my contribution.
  19. irocinblue89

another give me ur opinion thread

WAY to clean for the U.P.!!!
  20. irocinblue89

Next project

I hope not! lol. I have to split the watts between 4 speakers. I'm actually going for effect rather than loudness. I usually turn my sound units down so I can't hear them past 5'. I just want to give a better illusion of the sound coming from the loco and not all of it from the tender.

Back