Search results

1. p51

Vehicles?

Sorry, I hit post twice...
  2. p51

Vehicles?

I did some research and found that the paint job on that TN state car isn't correct at all, it's a totally different set of colors from a real one. Instead, I found some 1/43 scale diecast cars from an antique store and I then modified a 1/50 scale French firetruck into a early-war 2 1/2 ton...
  3. p51

Whats the BEST Way to Remove Lettering from a Factory Paint Job

Funny, I've never gotten rubbing alcohol, decal solutions nor a pencil eraser to remove factory lettering. I have a Bachmann On30 locomotive I'm desperate to remove a locomotive # from to re-number it and keep the other factory markings. I've yet to find anything that'll work other than...
  4. p51

On30? Anyone?

Been busy building up rolling stock, and working on a track plan to build, gonna have more room than I originally counted on. But I figured out while I have no layout to build just yet, might as well work on the stuff I can just put back into boxes until the day come to run trains. I have a few...
  5. p51

Comment by 'p51' in media 'Exploded Sawmill Photos'

Interesting explosion, didn't knowck over that stack of wood right next to the wall! Sorry, I've seen a lot of blown up stuff. Great model work, though.
  6. p51

Whats the BEST Way to Remove Lettering from a Factory Paint Job

Someone told me to look up something that worked well on his layout. I can't recall the name of it right now, he said to look up "______'s garage" (I think it was Joe's garage) online. I assumed it was some manner of solvent. He said it takes the lettering right off but leaves the paint. I...
  7. p51

The Sherwood, Shelton & Sarazen Rwy

I did an op session there last week (almost exactly a year after the first post), went with someone who knew the layout already. I'd never been there or knew what to expect. I was blown away by this layout. He did a great job! As a new guy, I threw most o the switches in the Oyster Bay yard...
  8. p51

where are the On30 guys...?

I got some equipment for that scale when the new ET&WNC 4-6-0 came out as that’s the road I always wanted to model. Got # 11 in the wartime paint (which is exactly the engine and scheme I wanted to model) and some cars, which I have since decaled and weathered. Finding track in code 83 has...
  9. p51

On30 + Slotcar

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the scale issues... 1/48 with 1/32? Those cars are going to look HUGE cvompared to the trains!
  10. p51

Comment by 'p51' in media 'Yard Lead Switching'

Tallest switchstand I've ever seen...
  11. ET&WNC cars in On30

ET&WNC cars in On30

Just working on some Bachmann On30 cars for my eventual ET&WNC-themed layout. All for the gon is based on a road number that was still on the property in 1943, when the layout will take place.
  12. p51

Vehicles?

THANKS for that link, going to get one of those Tennessee state patrol ones!
  13. p51

Vehicles?

I'm now slowing starting to gather things like figures and structures for the layout I'm slowly planning, and wondering if there are good pre-1945 cars out there that either aren't expensive or Lionel looking? 1:48 seems a good scale for model kits of airplanes, but I'm having troubles finding...
  14. p51

Placement of figures?

I saw a module group last month who had that exact thing going, as well a a parade that was frozen in place along the street. That's what got me thinking about it. Got lucky, found two groupings of O scale figures, all painted, and in standing/sitting poses. Over 150 (for less than $25...
  15. p51

Placement of figures?

I was looking at a Model RR magazine today and got to wondering, if a layout is a static display other than the trains and whatever else you built to move or show action of any kind, why would you place figures into a active setting where they don't move? I saw a photo of figures showing...
  16. p51

On30? Anyone?

Will you be making any of the ET&WNC depots of more well-known bridges? Here's my ET # 11, just made her first break in run on a piece of flex track which is all I have at the moment: This gives you idea of the level of detail right out of the box. You can also see the partially crooked...
  17. p51

What is your age?

Just turned 40 on Monday, and celebrated by taking the day off and hitting museums and hobby shops in Seattle. I agree that the age should be broken down better. 35-55 is a very broad age group!
  18. p51

On30? Anyone?

Wow, impressive, especially the last shot. I’ve heard of that layout but haven’t seen too many photos of it. The recreation of Pardee Point is very well done. I’ve been to the real location more than once myself, as can be seen in this photo. I won’t have nearly the room to pull anything like...
  19. p51

On30? Anyone?

I'm a big ET&WNC fan and recently got a great deal on the new "Tweetsie" 4-6-0 that is out and now I'm going to build a small fiddle layout to the standard of the local On30 module group, just in case I ever want to take that up. Any other On30 modelers here?

Back