Search results

1. L

WPF for 04 Nov - 10 Nov 2011

I've been trying to figure out the best method for installing open doors on a older Athearn SW1200. Is there a company that offers brass doors that could be installed or are people just cutting up a donor shell and installing the doors on the carefully modified model?
  2. L

Weekly Photo Fun 1/28 - 2/3

Finished up a small side project I have been working on. Presented with the original version of the truck. Now, back to work on some road power. :D
  3. L

Weekly Fotos Fun, 03-11 Dec, 2010

I also finished the second of two acquisitions from the Tankist roster. Here she is in her original finish on the left... This is what she looks like now... Needs an antenna and front number boards but she's 98% there, this was my first attempt at a full paint job.
  4. L

Weekly Fotos Fun, 03-11 Dec, 2010

I picked up an older Pentrex VHS recently called Michigan Ore Lines, I knew a little about the LS&I before watching the video but afterwords, my interest was piqued. Though gone now, the LS&I had a number of second hand BN U30Cs. I always liked the BN colors and had some old BB U30Cs lying...
  5. L

Weekly photo fun 7/23-7/30

I know, I looked a little bit for a good reference photo of a SD45 with a CSX patch. Looks like the few that CSX had were patched Seaboard System engines (I have one of those as well P2K) or stealth. My layout won't be 100% prototypical so I just went with a solid block of numbers off the Micro...
  6. L

Weekly photo fun 7/23-7/30

The paperwork finally went through on the power transfer from the Tankist system. The SD45 got a quick equipment upgrade and patch job before heading out but the Dash 8 in the background is down for a much more thorough refitting, re-powering and repainting. Thanks again Tank for the engines.
  7. L

Summer hobby ?

I always thought being a car guy was fairly different from the average model railroader/rail fan, makes sense though, it's just another large machine I'm enamored with. Maybe it's just unusual for my region. :D Haven't had a chance to retouch this one yet and take out the rig.
  8. L

fire truck hit by train

That's the accident they just had here in the Detroit area, the fireman that parked on the tracks was in the truck trying to move it when he was hit, just minor cuts and so forth. Some classic eye witness reports in the local news. I'm sure Detroit has plenty of cash laying around for another...
  9. L

Model Railroader demographic

Good afternoon all, After attending a swap meet/layout display this weekend outside of Ann Arbor, MI, I'd have to say the 55+ crowd is still the vast majority. Being 29 years old, I felt a little out of place though thoroughly welcome at the event. I also notice this at the two local "train...

Back