Search results

1. PlowGuy

WPF Oct 31 through Nov 6

No one started the thread yet... so here we go!!!! Hope everyone got their fill of candy tonight!!! Cutting some trackside weeds and clearing drainage ditches Tucker Sno-Cat
  2. PlowGuy

WPF Oct. 16-22

I've never started this Thread before so here goes!!!! Hope this finds everyone ready for a good weekend!!!... Wishing I still lived in New England to take advantage of all the fall weekend train shows and meets!!! Speaking of fall and New England, Here is my latest project. Started as an old...
  3. PlowGuy

MEC Double Track Snowplow in the Desert.....

Currently stationed over here in Bahrain... 9 months down, 3 to go.... probablly the first snowplow ever in this country!!!! Sorry for the terrible pics, had to take them with my phone. Merry Christmas everyone...... looking at sand, but thinking of snow!!!! Started off as one of the new...
  4. PlowGuy

Getting ready for Winter.....

I came back home from Bahrain on a few weeks leave, so thought I'd share some photos from my diorama. Getting ready to head back to the sand this weekend so thought I'd enjoy some snow since I will miss it completly this year!!! Please feel free to post pics of your winter snowfighting eqipment...
  5. PlowGuy

John Deere Grader with Snowplow 1:87

I’ve wanted to do one of these for a while now. Athearn John Deere Grader and two Ralph Ratcliffe snowplows. The rear plow had some frame modifications as I was assembling it, and the framework was all scratch built. Steve
  6. PlowGuy

Looking for someone to make me some custom Decals

I have been working on a multitude of HO logging vehicles as of late, all are painted, weathered and detailed however none have any decals. They are HO / 1:87 scale and I am looking for someone to design and print some decals for me showing the company name and a symbol or design as the...
  7. PlowGuy

Logging Equipment

Well, I’ve taken quite a liking to customizing and painting 1:87 vehicles. I have always enjoyed painting and weathering trains for my display case (no layout) but never really gave much thought to the vehicles until I recently built my photo diorama. After taking a few pictures of the trains...
  8. PlowGuy

HO scale Athearn "R" dumptruck snowplow

So here is my latest project, an Athearn "R" dump truck with a Ralph Ratcliffe snowplow kit. I might start on a second dumptruck plow conversion today, this one will be highway orange and I'm going to build a side wing plow out of styrene. This is what I started with..... and this is...
  9. PlowGuy

Rusty Maintenence of way Fans, Check this out!

Picked up a cheap Bachman coil car from the LHS the other day and a New Holand Excavator that I bought online a few months back. I did some painting, decaling and weathering and came up with this nice MOW car to go along with my Jordan Spreader for cleaning out drainage ditches along the right...
  10. PlowGuy

Winter Storm Watch SNOWPLOW Show!

Looks like alot of you in the Northeast have gotten and will be getting a bit more snow.... so, In honor of you.... here are some snowplows to get you through your cold snowy days!!! Please post pictures of our plows if you have some! Steve
  11. PlowGuy

Custom Snow Blower Dozer

Here is something I have been messing around with, I was looking a vehicle to go with my MANY Train snowplows and wanted to do something different that would catch someones attention. I kitbashed a Woodland Scenics dozer and a Kibri snowblower to make this "abominable anomaly" :D Anyone else...
  12. PlowGuy

Maine Central Jordan Spreader

Heres a few pics of my latest plow, it is an old Walthers Jordan Spreader Kit, it came as a yellow CSX unit that I modified a few things on such as removing the front coupler and replacing with a mesh screen, and I substituted the cheap fragile plastic pistons with wire and metal tubing... the...
  13. PlowGuy

New Display Location......and a great Wife!!!!

So, I own a 3 bedroom house, with a 5 year old daughter and a newborn son coming in June. Up until this weekend I had most of my trains displayed in the spare room (now my sons room). I needed a new place to hang my acrylic display case but just couldn't find a spot in the house. I was going to...
  14. PlowGuy

Can anyone help me identify this????

So as you can tell by my user name, I am big into collecting and building Snowplows. I always keep my eyes open for unique ones that I havent seen before, creative custom jobs etc, well I ran across this one the other day on an online auction site. From what I know Walthers never made a...
  15. PlowGuy

Got a new Kit in the mail today!!!

I have been wanting one of those "Jet Snowblower" kits from Custom Finishing for years now, but have always been detered by it being a metal (pewter) kit. I had no experiance with them before and they are a little pricy to experiment with. Anyway, I finally ordered it a few days ago and it...
  16. PlowGuy

New to the board!

Hey Everyone, I have been looking around the web for a nice Model Railroad message board and looks like I have found it! Just wanted to say Hi and am looking forward to participating and helping if I can. More than likely I will be asking for more and help / ideas than giving it!!!:D...
  17. PlowGuy

Lets see your snowplows!!!!

Hey Everyone, Been looking around the internet for a while now for a good Model Railroading message board and seems like this is the one!!! I have seen lots of good info on here and have seen some really nice models and pictures!!!! Well, By my user name you can probably tell that I love...

Back