Search results

1. B

Decoder Installation Question

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. Let me clear up one item, that RSD 15 decoder board in the photo above is NOT the particular board I am asking about in this discussion,...but rather it was to illustrate the type of plug in wire connectors used on the decoder board I pulled out of a BLI...
  2. B

Decoder Installation Question

I'm pretty new to this decoder installation subject, and I have a particular installation problem. I'm removing the decoder/electronics board from a BLI F7 loco that developed zinc pest, and hoping to install it into an Intermountain F7 chassis. The problem that has arisen is that a number of...
  3. B

Improving Our Steam Engines Performance

We all know we can double or even triple up our diesels to get the pulling power we want. Its the steam engines we need to help, so we are forced to dbl-head them. So lets concentrate on them. I really think the pusher engine is the best solution. This pusher engine could be of several...
  4. B

Rising from the ashes...

Woodworking Shops generate a LOT of sawdust. Aren't you worried about keeping this out of the layout spaces??
  5. B

I applaud these rather interesting postings you fellows are adding to this subject. Please keep it up, and I will rejoin the discussions once I get my latest computer problems resolved.
  6. B

Atlas Loco inside an Aux Water Tender I was so impressed with that little Atlas switcher as a pusher, and i was thinking of that water tender disguise. I got the 2 out this morning to get an idea of the size of the two. This looks really promising,...
  7. B

My older posting about the Bachmann 4-8-4 Pusher/Helper Back to the pusher/helper idea. I had been using that DL109 behind the steamers, and very successfully. What smaller engine could I be using? I happen to have a pretty heavy little switcher engine in my inventory,...an Alco S2 by...
  8. B

Perhaps revisit a few of my earlier postings in this subject thread. I was/am sutlly impressed with these these Roco steamers https://modelrailroadforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/improving-our-steam-engines-performance.34036/page-3#post-518431 Some of the photos I posted in this discussion...
  9. B

Nice looking remotor jobs!
  10. B

Dual Motor Installations BTW if you get real ambitious you might look thru some examples of dual motor installations such as this, http://melvineperry.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_15.html
  11. B

Found a discussion where i was playing with dual motors in Rivarossi engines,.. https://forum.mrhmag.com/post/rivarossi-bigboy-challenger-12213592?highlight=dual%20motors&trail=25 https://modelrailroadforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/can-motor-for-rivarossi-2-8-8-2.34976/
  12. B

Kitbash Long Shark BP20, and a B-unit for DL-109

Adding those screws is always a possibility if the glue fails. So funny.....
  13. B

Marklin Passenger Cars (real nice)

I'm offering this engine for sale at $249,...and it has LocSound installed along with 2 speakers in the tender The coaches are also going to be sold.
  14. B

Kitbash Long Shark BP20, and a B-unit for DL-109

That kit-bashed B unit for the SantaFe DL110 unit is going to offered for sale, as i don't have time to complete the project.,...someone good with painting and decaling interested??
  15. B

The problem I have with that one it is so modern it would not look that good with many older steam engines,...assuming you want to run this pusher behind a variety of your steam engines?? That's why i like the BLI one or the Bachmann one. I'll try to find a few photos of my dual motor...
  16. B

missing Photos?

I guess that this is the new computer world. I wonder whats going to happen to history, once everything is computerized and libraries and books and written material are a thing of the past??...its all in the cloud.....ha...ha. Lets burn all the books like Germany did
  17. B

A long time ago i had several Rivarossi engines that I double-motored,...two identical motors for each gear drive. that ran in unison so were OK for DC operation (I wasn't into DCC at that time). I even had them weathered up (by another fellow) along with some real coal dropping. They looked...
  18. B

Aux water tender from BLI
  19. B

missing Photos?

Why are numerous photos missing from this discussion,...for instance on page #1 https://modelrailroadforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/improving-our-steam-engines-performance.34036/ postings #2, #16, #17, #18
  20. B

The water tender pusher might be even more plausible as it might have the more robust trucks to handle the weight of such a car. And I guess you can fashion your own kind of water tender body? I had been thinking of express baggage/freight car body as i believe a number of prototype trains...

Back