Search results

1. E

Bachmann Locomotive Screw Thread Pitches...?

Hi. I am working on making entirely new 3D printed body shells for a Bachmann HO Scale steam locomotive. I intend to attach the bodies to the old chassis, and I will have to tap the holes for the screws after the shells are printed. However, I don't know the thread pitch of the various body...
  2. E

A "Wireless" DCS?

NOTE: Since MTH is a multi-scale manufacturer, I am putting this thread here. Mods, if it belongs somewhere else, fell free to move it. Recently, Northwest Short Line launched the S-CAB Radio DCC system, giving users the benefits of DCC without the cantankerous and costly infrastructure...
  3. E

Scratchbuilt Smoke System?

Hey everybody. I am designing my own scratchbuilt fan-driven smoke system for HO steam and diesel locomotives. A drawing of my unit is attached to this post. Before I go any further, yes, I do realize that smoke is not a very popular feature in HO (and smoke-equipped HO diesels are even...
  4. E

Scratchbuilding advice...?

Hey. I'm considering scratchbuilding a freelanced HO steam engine, and I want to know where I can get drivers for my locomotive. Moreover, if the driver pattern/size I really want is not available or out of stock, what do I do?
  5. E

Polar Express Coaches?

Hello. I am considering starting a project. It is to create HO mode;s of the Polar Express coaches from the movie. In my own visual analysis, the coaches in the movie MAY look like standard heavyweights, but they're not. They're what I like to call "bantamweights" or "shorties." They are...

Back