Search results

1. posse

Running Bear's March 2020 Coffee Shop

Good afternoon, cloudy high of 44°. Flo- I'll take a muffin with a glass of chocolate milk. I see a lot of you non retired folks are out of work with this COVID 19, hope everything works out for you guys. Luckily, my place of work is considered essential. Yesterday, I was working on...
  2. posse

Running Bear's March 2020 Coffee Shop

Good morning, pancakes with some bacon on the side for me, Flo. Its been a while since I've dropped in to say hi. I really enjoy seeing everyone's layouts and projects. And thank you to everyone who post old prototype photos! Having a young family makee it difficult to find enough time to work...
  3. posse

LED bleed through

Traingeek344- I've been studying your diagram for the past few days and figured out what is going on. Like dennis461 said, current is traveling throught the "off" LED to the base-emiter of the transistor to complete the circuit. The simplest way to fix this circuit is to allow current to bypass...
  4. posse

Christmas Give Away How Many Wheel-sets

I counted......178. ;)
  5. posse

Running Bear’s November 2019 Coffee Shop

Good afternoon, 36° and cloudy. The weatherman says we should be preparing for heavy snow and wind starting tonight. I'll have a Denver omelet, Flo. Here's a shot I took going over the Wisconsin River near Spring Green in '16.
  6. posse

Running Bear's October 2019 Coffee Shop

Good morning all! It's 35° this morning, 56° will be the high. I really do enjoy reading this thread and looking at all the pictures everyone posts. Thanks Bob for keeping this site going! I was looking through photos in my gallery and came across this one and thought, "I wonder if anyone is...
  7. posse

Running Bear's October 2019 Coffee Shop

Hello everyone! It's finally sunny out, high will be 64°. Life has been busy with young kids and re-staining and varnishing the wood trim on my wimdows. A few weeks ago, we visited my old stomping grounds in NE Iowa ans snapped this photo of my son watching the local switcher shove back. I'll...
  8. posse

Running Bear’s August 2019 Coffee Shop

Good evening. No, it is not a secret were I've been. I was playing with the 1:1 scale trains for the most part. I also got me a better half who has recently blessed me with a second child. :) In the middle of all this, we moved when I got a new job! o_O Half the battle was just trying to find...
  9. posse

Running Bear’s August 2019 Coffee Shop

Good evening folks! I'm an old time member returning after a 7 year absence. I look forward to joining all of you in your conversations. I see a lot of new faces here. Good night!
  10. posse

Anyone interested in a caboose?

No, I have not asked about the price. The caboose is still in fairly good condition. We pulled it down the rails 100 mi to the scrapper. As far as I know, it last saw regular service in 1995 and has been sitting ever since. Surprisingly, there is very little rust on it.
  11. posse

Anyone interested in a caboose?

The old IMRL 10 (ex SOO 124) caboose that has been sitting in Mason City, IA, has now been delivered to Clayton Co. Recycling center in Monona, IA. I just talked to the owner this morning and he said they have no immediate plans for the caboose. If some one is interested in buying the car, he is...
  12. posse

Coffe shop XXXIV - 9/10/12

Just stopping by for a quick vist. I've been way to busy lately. In the month of August I went on vacation for a week, bought a house and got all my 'stuff' moved, and went to engineer class for 3 weeks. Plus I went on a camping trip one weekend during class. I don't want to see another month...
  13. posse

Coffee XXXII Apr. 14th

Good evening, I am still around, just haven't been active on the modeling side of railroading. Also, shopping for a house and in the process of buying one has used a lot of my time. Did I also mention nice weather has kept me outside and I'm still using my old slow computer? A combination of all...
  14. posse

Coffee Shop 31 Feb 12th

Good morning, weather has been nice this week so far. Low to upper 70's with a few scattered T-storms possible. The woodcarving bug decided to bit me a few weeks ago, so that's mostly what I've been doing lately. Work has gone from really slow to extremely slow. A certain book says you have 6...
  15. posse

Magic Pan Bakeries

Hey, glad to see you around again Chad. How many hrs are you up to running?
  16. posse

Roundhouse 2-truck shay

Not much has happened for a while. The replacement gears are on back order. I did manage to drill a hole through the boiler for the headlight. One word of advice, I suggest you drill the hole before you add all the detail on the boiler.:o
  17. posse

What is this?

Looks like it came from a SD40/45.
  18. posse

Coffee Shop 31 Feb 12th

200 posts and I haven't stopped by yet? Where have I been....:o My parents stopped by on Sunday for the day. It's the first time since last Sept. that they've been here. We went to a winery and tasted some of their wine. Every wine they had was oh so good.:) That's about all that's happened...
  19. posse

HO rolling stock proper weight

I like to keep mine a little lighter than the NMRA standard. It's easier to pull more cars up a steep hill that way.

Back