Search results

1. Ericsauto

3D printed flat car with a pipe load

Thanks but I think I am going to redo them. They need to be tightened down but I get what you all suggested. Thanks
  2. Ericsauto

Okay, a little bit of an update. As per comments, I added straps to hold down the pipes. let me know what you
  3. Ericsauto

Thanks for the comment. The trucks are great. They are stronger than some factory ones out there. I have some ideas on the strapping, I'll post some pictures after I finish that.
  4. Ericsauto

I'll have to look for that 3D thread. I typed it in the search and found nothing, I'll look again. I use a Bambu Labs PS1 3D printer. It is very fast. The pipe load takes about 5 hours to print since it weighs 2.3 ounces. I agree with the comments, but it looks good to the average eye. I like...
  5. Ericsauto

I just purchased a 3D printer and have been practicing. There is so much stuff online for Ho Scale. I printed this the other day. I had to supply only the coupler and 33 wheels which I had plenty of. I Printed it all out in under 7 hours and had it built the same night. I weathered it and ran it...
  6. Ericsauto

Ho scale railers - DIY

I know a few may say “ if your track was perfect you don’t need those”. True but first no track is perfect. I run long trains with metal wheels which can upset Dcc engines fairly easy. This helps and I want to enjoy running the trains without all the sudden stops. It’s all about relaxing.😌
  7. Ericsauto

Ho scale railers - DIY

So after buying a 3D printer I found a file and printed these. They work great and I am printing 8 more to install around the layout.
  8. Ericsauto

A new beginning inspired from my old Central Midland Layout

install note: If you use a Soundtraxx decoder with the 2 amp speaker amplifier then you need to wire in two iPhone speakers minimum. The iPhone speakers are only 1 amp and will burn the amplifier out of your board. How do I know? Because I just sent one of my decoders back because of that...
  9. Ericsauto

Not sure if I understand what you mean by port plugged.? You have any pictures?
  10. Ericsauto

I am putting sound in it. On GP's like this, I use an Apple iPhone 5 speaker. Works and sounds great. I will post pictures of this hopefully next week.
  11. Ericsauto

This is the original pain in the rear pancake motor without getting into a long story. I worked on this for almost 2 weeks wondering why the thing was running so slow ( about half-throttle). I had purchased another one for parts off of eBay for next to nothing. It was missing a few little...
  12. Ericsauto

Something I would like to share. I bought this Lionel Ho Southern Pacific Daylight when I was 14 years old in 1976. I thought about selling this numerous times. But I thought “This was the first locomotive steam engine I bought”.Then I decided to convert it to DCC sound. This conversion was not...
  13. Ericsauto

Newbie with question

If you are new to the hobby and just now buying trains, I would also consider going with DCC. I think it makes running your trains a bit less stressful. You joined the right group to get your questions answered, great group of people here.
  14. Ericsauto

Need some opinions-UPDATED

Remove the ink plant and call it good. I have the same cement plant and I love your weathering. You just gave me some good weathering ideas.
  15. Ericsauto

A very small L-shaped layout

No criticisms here. The idea is that you are building and enjoying the hobby no matter what size or style of railroad. That's what the hobby is about. I love layouts big or small. Every layout I see gives me ideas and inspiration. Keep on building. 👍
  16. Ericsauto

Every layout needs a donut shop! :) I have more details on the large do-nut to do and then work on the area around the shop.
  17. Ericsauto

So this is why I do it. Before I posted my Twin Granddaughters watching the trains. This is my grandson who will be 2 years old in March. He is hooked. Every day he comes here the first thing he says is " Papa, downstairs trains". Notice how he keeps his hands on the front panel. They have been...
  18. Ericsauto

I realized that I mounted these wrong and just haven't fixed them yet. Next time read the instructions!:p:mad:
  19. Ericsauto

Yes, I remember you. Your layout is looking great, there is a lot of switching. If you notice I still have one double crossover that works fine. The other one just gave me fits and enough was enough. I hated to throw a $100 piece of track in the garbage but it is what it is. Everything is...

Back