Search results

1. L

TamValleyDepot Train Shuttle

TamValleyDepot Train Shuttle Are there any alternatives to this direction reversing device? It is not a typical autoreverser but is a point to point automation device. thanks ,,, ken
  2. L

Clear window plastic crazed/fogged

Is there a method to polish/repair clear window plastic that is crazed/fogged due to misuse of glue?? thanks ,,, ken
  3. L

HO Bachmann DCC GP9 grab irons

HO Bachmann DCC GP9 Do these units have separate grab irons or are they simply molded on?? thanks ,,, ken
  4. L

Gosh N is getting smaller with age

Well so much for my second foray into N scale. Purchased a Spectrun Dash 8-40C which comes with Rapido couplers. Well I can barely see enough to tell that it is a MINIATURE phillips screw holding them on. Scared to see the space available for the decoder in this DCC ready unit...
  5. L

DC vs DCC and cost vs words

DCC would not be a cost issue if some of us were paid by the word. :D take care ,,, ken
  6. L

Non-Veranda turbine

A Non-Veranda turbine - is there a special name???? before I look for one?? thanks ,,, ken
  7. L

Decoder/light board - wire clips

When replacing a light board with a board replacement decoder do you Use the wire clips or simply go straight to soldering the wires. I find it a pain to get the wire clips back on - not to mention some boards are of different thickness so the original clips won't work. thanks ,,, ken
  8. L

Las Vegas - Train or general tool shops

Las Vegas - Good train or general tool shops, are there any in Las Vegas remotely close to the strip or otherwise? thanks ,,,, ken
  9. L

HO Kato SD90 - remove shell

HO Kato SD90 - remove shell - any hint on how to get the hooks loose??? I just can't get the shell to move. Couplers are off and interfering handrails are loose. take care ,,, ken
  10. L

JMRI & WiFi & Android

In order to use an Android phone with the app (Engine Driver) that interfaces to JMRI via WiFi, is it neccessary to have a phone service on the phone? Can one simply find a used/no plan phone and still connect to WiFi and get the app on the phone??? Any suggestions??? take care ,,, ken
  11. L

Serves me Right - Bachmann DCC loco dead

Well it serves me right, but I got intrigued about some differences in DCC systems and how many more buttons need to be pushed with the Zephyr. Attempted address change on a Bachmann DCC on Board loco using OPS mode. Said loco is now dead, using the programming track with Zephyr, I get the...
  12. L

Withrottle - small things

Amused by small things I guess but for a guy with a Zephyr and no handheld wireless throttle ........ using WiThrottle is sort of interesting!!! take care ,,,, ken
  13. L

Athearn U50

Anyone know of a good place/price to get one of these? Any other comments on them? take care ,,, ken
  14. L

Kato SD90 HO - railing

Kato SD90 HO - railing The side railings come in more than one section. What is the best way to join these railing sections, technique and glue?? thanks ,,, ken
  15. L

Decoders for Kato SD90

Kato SD90 CP with ditchlights HO recommendation for decoder for basic function? and recommendation for a sound unit and install hints? On the digitrak factory equipped units what version of decoder is installed? thanks ,,, Ken
  16. L

Intermountain ES44AC CP rail horn

Having picked up my new Intermountain ES44AC CP DCC/sound loco ($167US including shipping on EBAY :D) I am wondering about the horn. Out of the 20 or so possible the docs list 3 possibles for the ES44AC. Air Chime K5HL Nathan K3KA Holen K5H Looking at it and seeing 5 horns, I assume...
  17. L

Admiration for your talents

Admiration for your talents I don't post many messages complimenting on the work that is shown here but everyone deserves a pat from the advanced to the nube. Mechanical detailing - I am amazed at the ability to drill grab iron holes and get them done neatly never mind lined up. We wont...
  18. L

Diesel shells - flexible glue

Diesel shells - flexible glue What are diesel shells typically made of?? If styrene - is that the same as polystrene?? What is a good flexible glue - with a somewhat breakable bond?? I want to hold the cab details in an Athearn SD70 down but don't want to weld them in place as well...
  19. L

Genesis SD70, lights, Digitrax etc

Genesis SD70, lights, Digitrax etc Just to summarize so I dont make any more unfounded assumptions. Genesis with old light board - has built in support for 1.5vbulbs - I hope obvious is correct Genesis with new DCC ready board + plug - has built in support for 1.5v bulbs - I hope...
  20. L

Genesis SD70M ditch lights, Digitrak LB & DH123

Genesis SD70M ditch lights, Digitrak LB & DH123 I have an old Genesis SD-70M UP 4016(G6201) from Ebay long ago (different project from my other one). The Athearn documentation describes installing ditch lights and connecting to the front headlight tabs. However this has a Digitrak...

Back