Search results

1. S

Photo Fun for the week 21 - 28 May 2010

Tks Jon, the PC ties really make the soldering easier. And yes HO scale. As far as club activity around here. Hmmm well I think I get the only copy of MRR each month at Wally World. About five years or so ago when we found out that we were getting transferred to the Gainesville area I was...
  2. S

Weekly photo fun May 28- June 4

Time for some yard work. That would be me in the corner taking a break.
  3. S

Photo Fun for the week 21 - 28 May 2010

I tell ya its difficult figuring out where your new pics go when you are retired. I have to look at my cell phone once in a while just to figure out what day of the week it is let alone day of the month. Now that I know how to post pics maybe posting each week in the WPF can keep me on track...
  4. S

Summer hobby ?

Motley, I'm thinking that would be a really short run show. Not to mention difficult to get volunteers, especially after the first one gets it. lol Terry in Sunny Florida
  5. S

Summer hobby ?

Julien I assume you were referring to my "Throwing" hobby. Its something I started doing about ten years ago just for fun. Self taught. I have a couple of targets set up just off of my back deck. One for knifes/bayonets etc small bladed stuff, Then I have a heavy duty target for...
  6. S

noch static gras.

Goldmine is where I got my 12v. That was about two years ago and since they only show the 120 vac version. Terry in Sunny Florida
  7. S

Summer hobby ?

Man I feel like a slacker! My other hobby is throwing Knifes and Tomahawks. My record shot is a 65 ft throw with one of my "Norse Hawks". Something real satisfying about that solid, final thunk of a good stick. Terry in Sunny Florida
  8. S

Let's see your police/fire scenes

Bustin some of those Darned Hippies! Terry in Sunny Florida
  9. S

noch static gras.

ChevelleSSGuy What Steve58 said! That is the exact article I used to make the applicator. A pretty simple, straight forward assembly. Terry in Sunny Florida
  10. S

noch static gras.

Here is a Static Grass applicator I made for less than twenty bucks and it is more powerful than the Noch monster and far less cheaper. I did a small patch of grass to ck it out and I was very pleased with the results. This guy will actually make your hair stand on end if you pass it near your...
  11. S

How far can a tortise throw

Good one Corey. I figured the title would be inviting. Terry in FLorida
  12. S

How far can a tortise throw

I have a frog that lands right in the middle of a joint. Can't move the joint and can't wiggle the T/O either way. It will be a 2 1/4 inch reach up to the throw bar. Can a tortise do it with a stronger throw wire than the one that comes with it. If so what diameter should I look at? Tks...
  13. S

Hobby Shop in Watertown NY

Well Bernie I can't help you with the LHS question but I did have to comment on the location. I was born and raised in Watertown. Joined the Navy in 71 and never went back. Sorry for a useless post but I don't see my home town in print very often. As a matter of fact one place we lived was...
  14. S

Florida Railroad Bunch

Larry Once I get on I-75 its about 35 miles to Ocala. Used to have our horses boarded there. However it takes about 35ish minutes to get to the interstate from the house. Actually I live about 10 miles north of Trenton off of CR47. G/V is about a 40ish minute drive from the house...
  15. S

Florida Railroad Bunch

Larry Ironic, I just moved back up from Naples a week ago. I had to kill four Cotton mouths in two weeks on the front porch and one of my dogs got a nip from a gator in our front yard. So I packed up my dogs and RR stuff and moved back up to the safety of Gainesville. Terry in Florida
  16. S

Veteran's Roll Call: All that served or serving our countries

US Navy 1971 -1994: USS America SRF Subic USS Cook NTTC Corry Station USS Valley Forge (Pre-com + 6.5 yrs) NTTC Corry Station, Pensacola, Florida Terry in Florida
  17. S

Florida Railroad Bunch

Not sure where Arcadia is Larry but I live just west of Gainesville. My neighbors are deer, fox, pigs and lots of Turkeys. Oh yea and a butt-load of squirrels. I guess I should stop feeding them. Terry in Florida
  18. S

Yet another Athearn Gen Challenger thread

Tks David. Man you would think with all that electronics the dang thing would do better. Not the best place for those cheap speakers either. I don't see much of an opening on the bottom for the sound to get out. I agree with gutting the whole thing and putting a big oval on the bottom. I...
  19. S

Ken - Tks for the great headsup on that e-bay deal:D I found one at an LHS for $384.00 unfortunately they only have the oil fired w/smoke lifters left. I would really want a coal burner. Anyone know how hard it is to remove the smoke lifters???? (on the Lionel Challenger) David - Tks for...
  20. S

Yes I am looking for the Lionel Challenger. But if that fails then I will go with the Ath Gen version and put a tsunami in it. Aggro you did a fabulous job weathering that loco. Thats a mean looking loco. How does it run? I imagine it weighs a ton. Probably can pull a stump. Anyone...

Back