Search results

1. J

Interior colors of the Laurentian passenger cars

Hello, I would be very grateful if you could tell me the color of the interior (aisle, seats, etc.) of the Laurentian passenger cars. I've got the Walthers cars and I would like to paint the interior in the right colours. I've been looking for that information in Internet and I found a lot of...
  2. J

Rivarossi Big Boy. How to take off rods?

Hello. Can anyone tell me how can I take off the rods of Rivarossi's Big Boy, please? Thanks in advance. Kind Regards, Juan.
  3. J

BIG BOY 4014 . Color references?

Hello, I've got a Big Boy model from Rivarossi that I would like to refurbish. Well, in fact I NEED to refurbish it, from electronics to painting. And here is where I've got the issue. I would like to model the "new" Big Boy #4014. Could you give me any clue on the grey tones used in this...
  4. J

Could you help me to identify this coach , please?

Hello, I have received this coach and I don't know which kind of coach it is exactly, or in which train it was used. I know this is a Walthers H0 model, but nothing apart from that. The model didn't have a box. Could you give me some clue on this coach? Thanks in advance. Kind Regards, Juan.
  5. J

El Capitan

Hi, I am trying to purchase all cars for the "El Capitan" (1954) consist. It it not easy... And I would like also to paint the interiors and I've been looking for color pictures on that but I just found a couple of good pictures. Do you know of any web or book that could be of any help here...
  6. J

Bachmann Spectrum 80-ton 3-truck Shay. Maintenance doubts.

Hi ! I have purchased a few days ago a new Bachmann Spectrum 80-ton , 3-truck Shay locomotive. I am a fan of Shays and this Bachmann model looked so nice... Before purchasing it I searched for comments on these machines on forums (Bachmann is not my favorite branch...). Hence I was aware of...
  7. J

ALCO DL500 trucks.

Hello, I have got an old Lima's ALCO DL500. It is an old model, featuring one of these circular engines that is attached only to one of the trucks. I want to modify this model and, among other things, rebuild the mechanical part with a modern engine and traction on both trucks. I can't find...
  8. J

Loksound Select Direct : sound gone

Hello friends, I have recently purchased a Loksound Select Direct. I have tested it and everything worked perfectly and the sound was great. I proceeded to install it into an Atlas RS3 and it runs smoothly, lights work fine...but it has became totally mute. Not sound at all. I have reseted...
  9. J

Atlas RS3 modification.

Hi all, I would like to "change the face" of a couple of Atlas RS3. They have double headlights in each hood , as you know, and I would like to leave them with one single and bigger headlight in each hood. Do you know if Details West , Details Associates, or so, have a replacement for this...
  10. J

Soundtraxx Tsunami : sound is very low.

Hello, I have purchased recently a Soundtraxx Tsunami for ALCO 244 to be installed into an Atlas RS3. I have purchased also a Railmaster DS1436-8 Bass Reflex Speaker. I have completed the installation, and I have set all sound-related IPs to 255. The problem is that the sound is very low...
  11. J

Soundtraxx Tsunami : Sound is very low

Hello, I have purchased recently a Soundtraxx Tsunami for ALCO 244 to be installed into an Atlas RS3. I have purchased also a Railmaster DS1436-8 Bass Reflex Speaker. I have completed the installation, and I have set all sound-related IPs to 255. The problem is that the sound is very low...
  12. J

The Runaway Train

Hello friends, I would like to recreate the consist shown in the film titled "The Runaway Train". I do know what kind of locomotives were used in the film : two GP7, one F7 and one GP40 of ARR. But I am getting problems with the winterization hatches used in these machines (or others similar...

Back