Search results

1. J

Interior colors of the Laurentian passenger cars

Hello, I would be very grateful if you could tell me the color of the interior (aisle, seats, etc.) of the Laurentian passenger cars. I've got the Walthers cars and I would like to paint the interior in the right colours. I've been looking for that information in Internet and I found a lot of...
  2. J

Rivarossi Big Boy. How to take off rods?

Sorry. It's been a while since last time... Yes, I was able to remove them. Thank you very much to all of you, guys.
  3. J

Bachmann HO 3 Truck Shay Bevel gears again

I've got two Bachmann-Spectrum 3-truck Shays. Bought them brand new and just when I extracted the locomotives from the foam I saw the bevels falling apart. And this happened for my two Shays. It is a Shame for Bachmann. Or it should be. So , after deep investigations I ended up purchasing a few...
  4. J

Could you help me to identify this coach , please?

Really, gentlemen, thanks a lot for all efforts you are taking to answer me. Thanks.
  5. J

A very useful page indeed ! Thanks a lot, Colin !
  6. J

I'l take some pictures and I'll post them as soon as possible.
  7. J

Yes, they use small bolts.
  8. J

Interesting, but I want to use the rods again.
  9. J

Hello. Can anyone tell me how can I take off the rods of Rivarossi's Big Boy, please? Thanks in advance. Kind Regards, Juan.
  10. J

BIG BOY 4014 . Color references?

Mmm. These are beautiful beasts too. It would be great to watch them after you have painted them all...
  11. J

Hi Terry, Thanks for the info. Kind Regards, Juan.
  12. J

Hi Espeefan (I'm a fan of Southern Pacific too), Thanks a lot for your comments and your pictures. Beautiful engines indeed...
  13. J

Terrific pictures , indeed ! Thanks a lot !
  14. J

Thanks for your answers too, Y3a and deanej. I think that Vallejo could have a very similar color to graphite for the smokebox. I have to check that.
  15. J

Thanks a lot for your answers. The Great Divide, I wish it was as simple as that, believe me... :) Yes, may be it looks black at first sight but I know it is not solid black as flyboy2610 has pointed out. And as you all have suggested I will do some tests with graphite-grey for the smokebox...
  16. J

Hello, I've got a Big Boy model from Rivarossi that I would like to refurbish. Well, in fact I NEED to refurbish it, from electronics to painting. And here is where I've got the issue. I would like to model the "new" Big Boy #4014. Could you give me any clue on the grey tones used in this...
  17. J

You are taking a lot of effort to answer me. Wonderful picture of the real thing, Jerome, and your Super Chief consist looks great , Alan. You , guys, are awesome ! Thanks a lot !. Juan.
  18. J

Yeah, no vents on the roof. A sleeper then. Thanks Jerome, thanks Alan. :)

Back