Search results

1. R

Southern Railway Lantern set__Value??

A friend of mine has come across a set of Southern Railway kerosene lanterns and was wanting to sell them, but didn't have any idea of their value...neither do I:o. There is a Green and a Red and a White lantern in the set of three. Do any of you know the value or where I could find out. All...
  2. R

Veteran's Call

I usually start this thread every year, but have fallen short a few times. If you are a veteran of your country's armed services or presently on duty, we would like to know. Please post your time of service and branch...even a little on where you have been stationed. Thank you for serving...
  3. R

To those in the car exchange from Jim UP2CSX, by Rex

Jim (UP2CSX) wanted me to pass on that he has some cars that belong to some of you, but he doesn't remember who and has lost the information. Jim was in a terrible car accident last summer that put him in a coma for a month and hospital for two months with a severe head injury and broken bones...
  4. R

My Signal & Traffic Control Center

Many have inquired about functional signals and being able to control traffic throughout the layout. I have included photos of my near finished control center w/electronics and a picture of my computer screen with the layout displayed and a few of the options the software provides. Some may...
  5. R

How do you ID turnouts on layout??

I have always had a problem with visitors trying to figure out the number for a powered turnout they need to throw. I now use maps with paper markers, but as the layout moves toward more detailing, I need something better that is actually on the layout along with the map. It doesn't have to be...
  6. R

BLI grab bag J1e Hudson back in service

I finally got around to installing a QSI Quantum Revolution-U and two QSI High Bass (HB106R) speakers in one of those J1e Hudsons from the BLI grab bag deal. A real PITA having to splice onto the short wires at the locos plug (no harness w/plug). I tried to find a 6 pin female plug that would...
  7. R

Save money: Build your own Signals

While making signals for my layout, it occurred to me that some of you may be interested in how to do this and how to save big money on your next signal. Now, you can pay $22.00 for an assembled 3 light “D” signal or $10.50 for a kit, but how about doing it for $6.20. That’s right! By ordering...
  8. R

Blueline DC Sound???

Question about Blueline DC Sound/ DCC Ready: A friend just asked me if this unit would have sound by installing a standard DCC decoder. He said a guy at Litchfield said it would. This combo is something new to me, so I need your input. Will the DCC Throttle control the sound? How does it...
  9. R

Need OregonRail parts

I have been trying to find a place that has an Oregon Rail part for bridge signals in stock. It is the #104, 3 light vertical target. I even sent an email to Oregon Rail to see when and if they are going to ship, but haven't heard a thing from them. If you know of a place, please let me know. I...
  10. R

Veteran's Roll Call: All that served or serving our countries

United States Air Force, 1963-67 Brookley Field (GEEIA), Camp Drake-w/TDY: DaNang, Wake Island. Grandson, United States Army, 82nd Airbourne, 2008-2012
  11. R

Question: Walthers Passenger Trucks/Wheels

I gave myself a bit of a problem: I shortened a reversing loop to accommodate a detection block in the loop. By doing this, I had to remove the interior lighting of Walthers passenger cars so the reverser wouldn't go bonkers and finally short when the loco was half out of the reversing section...
  12. R

Mysterious BLI E7 Crash

You know that sick bottomed out feeling you get in your stomach when one of your pieces of rolling stock hits the floor? How about this: I was running GM&O E7, Train #101A, pulling 6 passenger cars to the upper levels and back. 101A had made this route several times during the day along...
  13. R

Alabama Rail Gang (ARG) Meet: Dec 6

It's that time of the year again for another ARG meet at my Depot on December 6, 10-4 PM'ish .Because of the near holiday season, this date has to remain set (Two or a dozen, the trains will roll.). All ARG'ers are welcome and if you plan on bringing a guest, please let me know ahead of time...
  14. R

Downtown Deco

Has anyone put together kits made by "Downtown Deco"? What was your experience with them? How would you rate them? Any special words of advice?:)
  15. R

Do you remember 9/11?

Note: I know this isn't MR related, but perhaps there can be an exception Oh yes, I remember quite well. I was off-work that day and on the sun deck having coffee when my wife screamed. I ran inside and saw her speechless, pointing to the television. There I saw the first tower with smoke...
  16. R

(New)Old Yard Area now for Diesel Service pt.2

I have continued working on the diesel area since I first opened part I. This is indeed a miracle, in that I didn't wander off into something else:D . The area is still being transformed from the old yard, but these photos will show you where I am at now. After this area is completed, I will be...
  17. R

Old Yard area now for diesel service.

After tearing out the main yard and moving it to a new location, I have begun building the diesel service in this space. Also, a passenger terminal will be located at the opposite end. These photos, along with a view of the area, are of the different building stages of the Walthers diesel shop...
  18. R

Diesel Tsunami

Jeeze! I'm surprised no one has posted the latest. Yup! The EMD and Alco diesel version is being released and will be on sell this week or next. http://www.litchfieldstation.com/xcart/product.php?productid=999003036
  19. R

New Cherokee Yard

After several mini-sessions and one medium op session, the new Cherokee Yard is ready for business. Two different yard masters have signed their approval on the acceptance form allowing for full operations. Where the yard design may differ from others, it was built to fit the existing benchwork...
  20. R

NMRA successful challenge of DCC patent

Thought this would be of interest to many of you. Now you know another reason why it is good to be a member of NMRA.;) Go to: http://www.nmra.org/national/news/PatentChallengeRelease3-080606.pdf

Back