Search results

1. Z

My first modules

The ties glued to the rails with Pilobond seems to be working well. Only two ties came off when peeling off the paper templates. I still have to paint the rails and the circuit board ties, but I think I'll wait until they are on the module and then I will touch up the ties and weather them...
  2. Z

garage with county store

Very nice; looks great in the natural light.
  3. Z

Interesting clip

I got a news paper clipping/page from my mother-in-law about an interesting gentlemen who was an engineer. I found the web version of it and thought I would share it. Here is a link to it...
  4. Z

My first modules

It's been a trying past two weeks, but the crisis seems to be subsiding. However I managed to work on the turnouts. I was going to go with CV or Proto 87 turnouts, but decided against it because I have never seen how wheels travel thru their frogs and didn't want to take the chance. (I'm real...
  5. Z

My first modules

Thanks for the kind words.
  6. Z

My first modules

Thank you.
  7. Z

My first modules

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the module(s) project will be put on hold. Might even terminate the project and try to get rid of them. Will keep you all posted.
  8. Z

Ballasting track.

It sure is and I only use it to seal homasote roadbed. I've done this over the years with good results. When it dries, it stiffens the roadbed nicely.
  9. Z

Ballasting track.

Good to know. I always like to have the option of lifting track in the future.
  10. Z

Ballasting track.

For years I've used a mix of white glue and water for ballasting and recently read that some use acrylic matte medium instead. Is there any advantage to this? Has anyone on this forum used matte medium?
  11. Z

Gluing wood ties to rail

Thanks for the links. I'm now going to look up Goo on the net to see what it looks like and where I can buy it.
  12. Z

Gluing wood ties to rail

I like the sound of this method you use. Does the heat make the Goo bond instantly?
  13. Z

Gluing wood ties to rail

Thank you for the info and details.
  14. Z

Gluing wood ties to rail

I was looking forward to gluing ties to my turnouts this weekend, but my old Barges cement in the tube is too rubbery to use and I can't find this glue anymore. I read that some modellers use Pilobond, but I can't find that either. Any recommendations out there for a good adhesive? What about...
  15. Z

Ho i weather my wood

Thanks. I'll check out the link and do some experimenting.
  16. Z

Derelict structures

Thanks! I'll check out the links.
  17. Z

Derelict structures

It seems to be neat stuff. So much to order and so much to make.
  18. Z

Derelict structures

That's pretty neat.
  19. Z

Ho i weather my wood

Thanks for sharing. Looks great. In the third shot, you are using black india ink for the wash? I have a bottle of indelible black India ink. It says on the bottle that water can be used to dilute it; can I use this ink?
  20. Z

My first modules

I took a break today from the module and attempted to turn a piece of ME track into branch line track. I cut the spacers underneath the track, which was easy and didn't take much time then I spaced them using a drill bit that was the width I wanted as a gauge. I quickly and crudely painted...

Back