Search results

1. NC&StL

Block detection

Now THERE is the point of the day... Thanks S P, I will remember that. :) That would explain a lot of weirdness down the road, or rail.
  2. NC&StL

Block detection

I am doing a "caboose era" layout, so I will resistor all my caboose wheels, and that should work. Thanks for the heads up.
  3. NC&StL

Block detection

Thats good to know, thanks Ken. I will do that tonight. Have a good weekend.
  4. NC&StL

Block detection

So the current detector is in the BD4N?
  5. NC&StL

Block detection

I am embarrassed to ask this, because I have spent a career in electronics and don't know the answer! I have a Digitrax BD4N occupancy detector. I also am looking at toroid type block detectors. Are they performing the same function? That is closing a contact to signal a train in the block...
  6. Yard

Yard

Looking down the rails at "action central" in a quiet moment.
  7. NC&StL

Hobby Lobby Decal paper

Has anyone used Hobby Lobby's decal paper for marking equipment? I bought a pack today to experiment, and wondered if there are words of wisdom out there I should read. Thanks.
  8. NC&StL

Paint remover

I tried the Wal Mart oven cleaner this weekend, it works very well, I looked at the results after almost two hours, and most of the bad paint job washed away with water and a tooth brush. Gives me confidence. Thanks everyone.
  9. NC&StL

Paint remover

I have used Pine Sol to remove stages of factory lettering and some paint from rolling stock, BUT what is a good paint removed for Testors spray and Krylon, etc rattle can spray paint. I am afraid I will melt the body if I use something too strong.
  10. NC&StL

NC&StL paint matching

Just learned that Apple Barrel brand GRANITE GRAY, is a dead ringer to match or touch up Microscale NC&StL passenger engine decals. Available at WalMart.
  11. NC&StL

A quick and easy DCC install (lots of pictures)

This is so very well written, thank you for a literal step by step. I have been a broadcast engineer for a hundred years, but a lot of time I assume I know something in electronic matters, that I don't. Giving the details as you have, will keep numb nuts like me from blowing up decoders. Thanks.
  12. NC&StL

First pictures of version 10 of the TA&G Railroad

Then you realize you haven't ballasted all the track, and so forth....and - this is all of the 11 x 14 room, that is picture worthy - or close to it!
  13. NC&StL

1:1 Snap Track

So, I saw this today while heading to lunch.
  14. NC&StL

Labor day weekend around Duplainville

Some excellent photography, thanks for posting.
  15. NC&StL

Historic Railroad Buildings

I was in Montgomery Alabama over the weekend,I have passed this building many times since I started driving (many, many years ago). So I stopped to take a picture, and learned more history. This was the general office and freight depot for the Western Railway of Alabama. This building is...
  16. NC&StL

Comment by 'NC&StL' in media 'New K4s Pennsy steam loco'

I said it years ago, and it is still true, Grampy is an artist!
  17. NC&StL

HO CON-COR/ Heljan turntable - Atlas Roundhouse

No, they dont want to be friends, but, if you separate the foundation of the roundhouse (3 stall version) in the middle about 1/4" the tracks will line up with the 90 foot Con-cor turntable (B804). I just dumped some ballast down in the space, added wet white glue & Iso alcohol like you were...
  18. NC&StL

HSM Nevada City Fire station in HO

That is art, well done.

Back