Search results

1. brickbuilder711

Norfolk Southern Train at GCRM HO Layout

Enjoy! A model of NS 64Q http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzcHZ9ruf4E
  2. brickbuilder711

ECHOES Ops Sessions

Hi all, here's video from the East Coast HO Exhibitors Society monthly running meet in Cutler Bay, FL, including a video runby of a stacktrain (all compiled at the end of the day lol). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLa0VViBh2U Enjoy!
  3. brickbuilder711

Lance Mindheim Downtown Spur Video

It's about time this Miamian would visit Lance's layout of the Downtown Spur. A conference trip to DC allowed for just that! Thanks a lot to him for taking time from his schedule to show me around. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70bFp-5gg-4
  4. brickbuilder711

Atlas Trainman GP39-2 - CSXT 4305 Repairs and Upgrades

Hi friends, I wanted to post an update on a locomotive of mine that I acquired several years ago, and also ask about how I could make a certain repair/replacement. I purchased a GP39-2 from Warrick's (Now Maniac's Hobby) in 2011 for what was to be a CSX switching layout. The layout never came...
  5. brickbuilder711

Intermountain FEC ES44C4 (ES44AC tooling) Video "Operations Review"

Hi all, Here's a video of FEC Intermountain ES44C4s on the layout at Gold Coast Railroad Museum in Miami, FL The idea of the video is to give more an operations perspective than a narrative as far as reviewing the locomotives. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ki6yk_AbH8 Edit: I think this...
  6. brickbuilder711

FEC Fort Lauderdale Layout (HO)

Some of you may know me for being part of the modern day South Florida switching cult, -- put in a tongue in cheek way rather :p -- and I wanted to get going on either layouts resembling present day road or switching operations in South Florida. I made a lot of designs, albeit seemingly they...
  7. brickbuilder711

Gold Coast Railroad Museum Layout

The Gold Coast Railroad Museum in Miami, FL has an amazing HO layout on display. It is set in a dynamic, post WWII era, so anytime between the 50s and now, boasts 3 loops and is clear for double stacks in the lower level. Lots of things can and have been run on it - Acelas, intermodal, racks...
  8. brickbuilder711

Question for ATH96406 UTLX 33,900 Gallon Tanker

Hi, I have a question to ask y'all regarding the Athearn 33,900 gallon LPG tanker. I purchased it back in 2010, but started to attempt running it last year. Gave up, but now am willing to tackle the problem. I know the car commands a decent radius, at least 22". But I've run it in...
  9. brickbuilder711

South Florida Railway Museum - DFB, FL

A friend and I ran trains one Saturday afternoon at the South Florida Railway Museum. Here's the video. enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKBqvUa-G4w
  10. brickbuilder711

Atlas GP39-2 Not Running

Hi guys, I have an Atlas GP39-2 (CSX YN3) that I bought in 2011 from Warricks Hobby Store, so the model was tested and functional. Unfortunately, I don't have a working layout, so I didn't run it for the four years since. Unfortunately, I had it dropped from a 3 foot high bedside drawer when...
  11. brickbuilder711

Turnout Question

Got a quick question here which relates to planning/ all the like with turnouts: When the turnouts have the pin holders to adjust and plug into the T/H machines, can you flip the side they mount? Prototypically my #8 crossover tracks have the "machines" in the middle so I want to simulate that...
  12. brickbuilder711

CSX Miami Sub Fort Lauderdale-Deerfield Beach Layout Progress

A layout is born. On August 1 at 21:17, a split-in-two 8' x 4' board was bought, with the framing shoulders of five studs. This is the beginning of the Deerfield Beach and Pompano Beach sections. Here's the plan. Here's the arrangement of the two sections. An L-section of studs is offered...
  13. brickbuilder711

CSX Florida Business Unit Layout options

Guys, below will be a reel of images of potential model railroad plans. First in store is a layout of Fort Lauderdale Yard, mp SX 1002. I'll try other areas and make a final cut.
  14. brickbuilder711

ATTN: NW Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Lousiana: UP 1989 in ZLCAI

EB Los Angeles-Atlanta Train somewhere in Texas now with the 1989 either first or third in the consist. At Shreveport tomorrow 9am, it becomes the KCS I-LAAT and I think in Meridian, it becomes NS 226 for Atlanta. This is probably a once in a blue moon chance. Information courtesy KCSRailfan...
  15. brickbuilder711

CSX Modern Switching Layout

Hey guys, I made an earlier attempt at a modern layout, well I can say it didn't work since: It would be too expensive It would consume too much space I would probably be frustrated or stop doing it altogether if I went so farfetched So I took the easy road, and with my contributions...
  16. brickbuilder711

BLMA Announces new UP Reefers

I don't think this has been mentioned on this forum, but I am quite happy this is being made. Great for pretty much any RR, definitely can't wait to put two or three copies in the team track in my near future layout! :D...
  17. brickbuilder711

Paint - CSXT 6126 (GP40-2)

My Athearn Blue Box GP40-2 was fading away in YN2, and as per recent repaints in Waycross, I decided to recoat the unit into YN3. Here, I have only applied the dark blue, as the dulux awaits until tomorrow.
  18. brickbuilder711

My Modern S-FL Realistic Freelance Layout CAD Design-Benchwork

I will show the first stages of my future layout here...
  19. brickbuilder711

(For XTrkCAD) Specs - Turnouts

Hi fellow modelers; I would like to inquire if there is any know on the offset, degree, and length measures in HO Scale for number 4, 6, and 8 turnouts that I need to manually set on XTrkCAD. I am planning a 17x13 layout and the information would be greatly appreciated. Currently I do not...
  20. brickbuilder711

FEC HO Project Blog

FEC *I MEAN CSX* HO Project Blog Well, I started a blog last Sunday to account happenings pertaining to my FEC project which is impending. :D Enjoy the blog and feel free to look around. Still fairly new, but it will be improved as time progresses. :D Link (insert down arrow here)

Back