Search results

1. W

Another oil train derailment, BNSF this time.

Come on, the oil producers say have said it is not needed or wanted ,by them. So who is pushing for it? But you are right indeed, let's trash the planet and run out trains. Stay out of politics. And they were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq! Stay with building your...
  2. W

First WiFi Loco-Nodes, ready for fabrication/assembly

Before you buy from Chris read a article in Model Railroad Hobbist Magazine. You may be able to change funky drawers , but you can change funky smell. Buyer beware
  3. W

Any one use wood for roadbed? Not sub roadbed

Have a look at this company here in N.California , homabed.com (California Roadbed co. inc. This has worked quite well for me, Before you say anything,I'm retired have no table saws etc to cut homsote . Mostly peco #8s on the main , the switch pads make laying a switches a breeze.
  4. W

RailFlyer????????

Now that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO comforting to all who have supported your shit with OUR Monies. RARE my butt.........If you feel SOOOOOOOOOOOO good about your shopping experience SEND HIM more money and let us know how that works out for you................
  5. W

Convert Athearn F unit to DCC

Morning Hank I have a F7 A/B sitting at the work bench waiting for sound installs. As I bought a Bowser WP F7a with sound b with no sound, really nice sound if I might add. I will be using soundtraxx for both units. I installed a qsi revolution a in another F7a and am not totallt satified with...
  6. W

Any opinions on Bowser executive F7?

Morning Matt, Have one set in dcc ready another came with sound and really love these. I did find when I operated the sound a/b set the sound was super but for some reasone the b unit did'nt roll along , after inspection I found the wipers were missing . Inspected the dcc...
  7. W

Need some help RPP SD38

Morning Tim, All good questions about the SD38. Is the length of the 38 close to a Athearn SD40? I will look when I go down to my layout.If the 40 works then you've solved all your issues at once? Any idea of what road you will do the SD38 in? Have one and was thinking UP mabye...
  8. W

DCC help- Kato SD45

Just a thought , have one SD45 with the same board as yours psapple and by chance I had a Tusnami 645 t sitting there so now she purrs, save your money when or if you look at sound, for the GP35 I bought the one from soundtraxx for the kato. The sd 45 I used a regular sound board.
  9. W

First decoder install...motor wire question

Congrats on your first sound install Allen. Red to red /black to black . As far as the mounting of the speaker up or down, mount it where you get the best sound. What brand is the speaker your using? I've mounted both ways, which ever gives me the best sound. How do you like the way it's...
  10. W

Powercab and Digitrax DB150

I really would'nt, try that before checking at the nce yahoo group, mabye even call Matt or Larry at NCE. I use a powercab at the work bench, if you really need a booster for the pwrcab check out the sb3a I use one with the other pwrcab on the layout gives you 5 amps plus with the sb3a you can...
  11. W

Opinions please on Powercab vs. Procab

I agree with Ken, use the power cab when you want on the program track, then as a pro cab on your powerhouse system ...lovin my power cab and power pro. Good luck. John
  12. W

loksound for Atlas..

Will, I've been using the round speakers from Tony's train exchange. Just bought frames (2) with the speaker chamber? these are U23b's will be using the select micro for a GE's. The installs I've done for the Atlas GP40 and 40-s have been wonderful. Used the Select board in a few and have...
  13. W

Bachmann EZ Command DCC

The choice is yours Steve but the upgrade path for the Power Cab is really wide open. Bought a power cab in 06 and have not looked back although I do use both dcc and dc on the layout I think a dpdt ? switch. Found a power cab on ebay at a good price I might add. The only thing I found wrong...
  14. W

Proto 2000 SP PA Plow Question

I have three that I want to do the same thing to. Have you finished the pa?
  15. W

Atlas Moves to ESU

I've been using 8 ohm (railmaster) with the esu and it sounds good, thanks Mark I am going to give the 4 ohm a try on the next install. I did a install the other day using a soundtraxx 645 turbo in a kato sd45 8 ohm railmaster and I have to say she sounds very nice.
  16. W

Atlas Moves to ESU

On the fence with this one, have been installing LokSound selects in my GP40's and 40-2's and I'm lovin em. Matt @ Loksound was very helpful when a ebay seller refused to stand behind the sale, Matt made it right. So thanks Matt. The kato gp35's with the 567 turbo is nice, LokSound (Matt) is...
  17. W

gp 40-2 which brand

Super choice on the Atlas Gp40-2 , these have been the most dependable on the layout. The recent run of the GP40-2 phaseII with QSI are really nice (WP) . The Atlas GP40's have been bullet proof very easy to work on. If you want to add sound to the older red box GP40 (soundtraxx & railmaster? )...
  18. W

Problem with Tsunami AT-1000

what is cv 128 set at?
  19. W

Problem with Tsunami AT-1000

Morning, Just completed my first install using the soundtraxx in a atlas GP40 all went well til time for a test...plenty of sound-no movement ??? removed the body shell, back on the track forward -reverse - sound and all was good. The only thing I can point to would have been a pinch...
  20. W

DH123 Decoder in Athearn RTR

As my buddy Clyde on the old WP(american crane operator) once told the fella that was perstering him to run the crane: go on get up in there,,,now ya see those two levers there,fella says ya, Well the one on your left is lever A -go on pull it back --see how that works-fella says yeah ,boy...

Back