Search results

1. M

Hi Jos! Are you OK....still around?

Hi Jos! Are you OK....still around?
  2. M

How to Make Trees and Shrubs

They all look beyond fantastic Jos! I'm finally doing it again, making good progress. Will post pics when I can. Time to start twisting wire again! :)
  3. M

Hi Jos. I just haven't been working on it lately. Just too many other things going on. I'm carving some rocks/scenery pieces, off the layout so I can get the detail in them. Couldn't do it if the pieces were in place. But I'm stuck with one section...the same part you made some drawings of...
  4. M

They look great Jos, as usual! :D
  5. M

Congratulations Jos!
  6. M

Turtle Field Layout

Jef, I know I saw a how-to/tutorial showing how you made your streetlights, but I cannot find it here. Was it on another site? Also...was wondering how you did your asphalt roads and concrete parking lot? Fantastic work. From the photos, you would think it's a much bigger layout. Thanks!
  7. M

Very nice! :D More impressive all the time, Jos!
  8. M

Bulk evergreen trees

bump chenille
  9. M

Love the new trees, Jos, especially the tall pine. Nice.
  10. M

How to CORRECTLY model water.

I used a couple pours of Envirotex for my base as well. Then I used the Artist's Acrylic gel mediium/gloss, and painted the ripples on top of the Envirotex. My preference is a very small brush. The "river/stream" is coming from the right...tumbling through a rapids, so I tried to mimic the...
  11. M

Here's another frame, Jos. The single end wire at the top got "crimped", almost detached, so I put some epoxy over it. Have to be careful, but I think I can finish the tree. This one is slightly smaller.
  12. M

Thanks, Jos! Yes, I did use the sawdust, just painting the glue/water mix over the main stem and where the branches join. Going to start work on a few more. Thanks again, man! :D When I make the next few, I'll take photos to show what I'm doing with the stem.
  13. M

What do you think Jos? My first two efforts.
  14. M

What do you use for WATER?

This is my "riverbed" before the Envirotex. I did the blue & sand color with an airbrush. It's a flat surface otherwise, except for a "soup" of hydrocal for the bottom.
  15. M

What do you use for WATER?

Envirotex Lite with ripples painted on afterwards with Artists Acrylic gel medium. (Sparkles added with Photoshop)
  16. M

Jos has shown earlier in this thread some of his methods. :)
  17. M

Sorry, Jos. I forgot to add the link to the message. Here it is. It's a stock photography site. If you want the full size photo, you have to pay. But you may just be able to see them well enough by just placing your cursor over the thumbnails, and they enlarge slightly. There are quite a...
  18. M

Jos, here's a site/page that shows some Sequoia's, in case you're interested. Looks like there are 32 pages of the trees.
  19. M

How to CORRECTLY model water.

Envirotex Lite. Ripples painted on with Artist's Acrylic Gloss Medium. Photoshop sparkles. Photoshop fishing line.
  20. M

A mini-diorama - of sorts

Regarding sawdust...an electric sander (in my case...a small palm sander..) with a dust collection bag, is a great way to collect the sawdust.

Back