Search results

1. K

A Caboose on your trains

Every train that hits my mainline has a caboose. We all know train separations can happen for various reasons. To that end, the caboose identifies the rear of the train (as it should be! :) ).
  2. K

Hot Wheels vehicle

I think Hot Wheels and Matchbox trucks can be ok for HO scale. However, the cars are substantially larger when compared to actual HO scale cars. I do have some of those trucks on my layout.
  3. K

HO Scale Canada Geese

Does anyone know where or if HO Canada geese are available? I am including a retention pond in the scenery of my layout. I want to include these all to common and invasive birds.
  4. K

Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
  5. K

Freight train operations question

Chris, For Manifests - Generally the set off would be first behind the engine. It could also be just ahead of the caboose depending on how the fictional yard job built your train in staging. You could also play "idiot yardmaster" and put the set off in the middle! 95% of the time cars are...
  6. K

Wpf 8/31 - 9/6

That bridge is AWESOME!
  7. K

Wpf 5/26-6/1

A shot of the local leaving town.
  8. K

Let's get LOADED!!!.....

My newest flat car load Just finished the car today! I picked up the tactors at Toys R Us last weekend. A nice addition to my Co-Op Industry.
  9. K

My HO Layout Update

Trucklover, I had the kits for the paper mill and power plant for 8-9 years....just finally had the time to build a layout that could hold them. The mill I got for a shocking deal....about $25 at a train show. The guy said he couldn't sell it in his store. The power plant was a birthday gift.
  10. K

My HO Layout Update

More photos... photo 1: The first of two structures that taught me patience. The paper mill from Walthers...both buildings and details took 2 days(one weekend), 1/4 bottle of testors cement and 3/4 bottle of ProWeld to complete. photo 2: The power plant also from Walthers. Along side is...
  11. K

My HO Layout Update

Though my layout is free lanced, I use models from the RF&P Railroad. I have some custom painted units but, GOD BLESS Atlas...as for Athearn's GP40-2s and 35s...shame on you...the colors were WAY off but, you did redeem yourselves with the SW1500...very nice. I was born and raised in the "F"...
  12. K

My HO Layout Update

Hello, A while back I responded to a thread about yard leads and ladders. I was in the trackwork stage of my layout at that time. Since then I have been methodically progressing until a major change occured...due to my job, I had to move. My layout is built as modules for that very...
  13. K

Ladder Layout Question

Jim, First thing I'd do is move the engine house next to the road...eliminates the crossings to get to it. That will give you more space on the left side also. You may have room for a left hand switch just before the switch to the spur...creating a "straight" crossover. Here is an idea...
  14. K

Ladder Layout Question

Jim, Some visuals of the yard would help me. Forgive me if I have missed them in the past. Is this a stub ended yard or doubled? How are you fouling a spur? Your constraints pose a problem that even real railroads face!...:) Do what you can to save the lake. You may have to lengthen the...
  15. K

Ladder Layout Question

I am new here. I have been working on my new layout for 3 months now.If it helps, this is the yard I built. 1) an overview...track to the far right is a "run around" track...2 industry spur in foreground...main and passing siding to the far left. 2) yard office end with engine house...

Back