Search results

1. Rotorranch

Atlas N scale U25B Shell removal

The Kid has a newer release Atlas U25B w/Lenz decoder. It quit running, but the lights still power on. From what I've read, it sounds like the decoder isn't making contact to the motor. So the question is, how do I remove the shell on this little loco? (Darn N scale stuff is too small for my...
  2. Rotorranch

Ballst First or Ground Cover?

What do y'all do first? Ballast, or ground cover? I'm building a photo set/diorama/display board, and I'm at the point where I need do to ballast and ground cover. Rotor
  3. Rotorranch

Weathering...

I am trying to get my head around weathering. All my life, I have been around cars and racing. I've always tried to make stuff pretty and shiny. Dirty, nasty and rusty weren't an option! Lately, I've decided my trains were too pretty. So I've been trying my hand at some light weathering...
  4. Rotorranch

Trains Crash in India

Indian Railroads are having some troubles the last couple days. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/07/india-train-hits-bus-killing-wedding_n_892045.html http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/10/india-train-accident_n_894033.html?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-n%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%7C218507...
  5. Rotorranch

Atlanta Train Show Aug.9th

There is a Golden Spike Ent. train show this Saturday, Aug. 9, at the North Atlanta Trade Center in Norcross, GA. Here's a link to a discount coupon for the show. Atlanta Train Show Discount Rotor Please note this is a Saturday ONLY show! (I messed up on the title.) :rolleyes:
  6. Rotorranch

Early Proto GP Shell

I've got a chassis for an early P2000 GP...from around 1996 or so?...maybe a GP18? Anyone know what shells would fit this chassis? In other words, do the GP9/18/30 etc. share the same chassis? I hate to have a good running chassis with no body to run it under! Rotor
  7. Rotorranch

Emory University Station

I found a station today that I had no idea was there! I took my wife to Emory University Hospital for some tests today, and decided to try to miss rush hour traffic on the way home. To my surprise, I turned the corner, and there was a train station! It's the Emory University Station, built in...
  8. Rotorranch

Fayetteville, GA Depot

I've driven past this depot for 32 years, and never went in it. Today I decided to check it out. The railroad line through Fayetteville was built by the Atlanta and Ft. Valley Railroad Company in 1887 and 1888. It carried freight and passengers and in 1895 was aquired by the Southern Railway...
  9. Rotorranch

Welcome MRR.com refugees!

WELCOME Welcome to all the trains.com refugees who've gotten locked out! Hope y'all will stay around! Rotor
  10. Rotorranch

Trains.com down for maintenance...

Anyone know a way in? I had a power glitch, and now I'm locked out. Anyone know a way in? Rotor
  11. Rotorranch

Southern passenger car ?

Did Southern run any dome passenger cars? A quick search doesn't find any. Rotor
  12. Rotorranch

Weekend Photo Fun July 3-6, 2008

I figure it's a long weekend, so let's go! One of my brand new, never run Tyco USA express Alco's, the only Red/White/Blue trains I have. It's one of 2 or 3 that I bought a decade or so ago. Rotor
  13. Rotorranch

Jonesboro, GA station

Well, sort of famous, anyway. This one has been seen about a million times before. It's in Joneboro, GA. :confused: This is probably the most famous side. :rolleyes: It's still owned by the railroad, but leased to the Historical Society/Museum. It was moved up from...
  14. Rotorranch

Famous Station

Well, sort of famous, anyway. This one has been seen about a million times before. It's in Joneboro, GA. :confused: This is probably the most famous side. :rolleyes: It's still owned by the railroad, but leased to the Historical Society/Museum. It was moved up from...
  15. Rotorranch

MOW equipment on the NS pics

I was out a month or so ago, and saw these sitting on some new track in Jonesboro, GA. I went back a week or so ago and shot some pics, but light was running out, so I went back yesterday to get some daylight pics. A tie mover Backhoe: Kershaw Ballast regulator: They...
  16. Rotorranch

Pics of Pullman Car shops in Georgia

I found this website looking for something completely different, and thought y'all might find it interesting. I'm trying to find out more info. Nice photos here. http://phreakmonkey.com/index.php?s=Pullman This is the Pullman Car Co. factory in Kirkwood, GA...
  17. Rotorranch

New railroad mascot?

I think I saw something like this before. :rolleyes: http://news.aol.com/story/_a/amazing-cat-helps-struggling-railroad/20080526100009990001?icid=1615988631x1203050501x1200308079 Rotor
  18. Rotorranch

How did they do THAT?

19. Rotorranch

IHC Passenger Car Interiors

I have several IHC Smooth Side passenger cars. I bought an 8 pack of interiors to go in them a few years ago. I found them today looking for something else, ( ROFL ) and decided to start assembling them. I decided I'd start with something simple like the baggage car. I grab the car and...

Back