Search results

1. C

SDN144PS Sound Decoder installed in a Kato SD70MAC

I have been playing around with a Digitrax SDN144PS Sound Decoder. I figured since it came with a 8 ohm speaker, it might work fine for some HO installs with small 16 x 35 mm 8 ohm speakers. I haven't had any luck getting any volume out of the decoder. Also the sound that comes out is really...
  2. C

Athearn Genesis SD60M what type of trucks?

I am interested in getting a new Union Pacific SD60M with the Tsunami sound. What type of trucks are on these: the basic Athearn truck style or the newer Atlas/Kato wanna be style that is on the SD70M that I hate? I like the style that is on the SD45-2 Genesis with the old square brass...
  3. C

Soundtraxx Tsunami connected to home amp and loudspeakers

I wanted to hookup my Tsunami sound decoder to my large home speakers, just to see how good the sound really is on these new decoders. This is a Soundtraxx Tsunami AT1000 DCC decoder being fed into a home theater receiver. This consists of taking the 8 Ohm speaker output and running it...
  4. C

Bowser Triple Crown Roadrailers quality??

Has anybody had any experience in running these Bowser Triple Crown Roadrailers. Are they worth the money? Do they stay on track or are they light and derail all the time. I used to see these trains running very fast in real life. I always wanted to model these. Jerry
  5. C

Anybody built a kit from JL Innnovative Design

I am wanting to buy this kit of two lawn mowers Of course they show a picture of a completed and painted kit. How hard are these to put together? I have a feeling that painting will be the easy part. This Cub Cadet rider is the exact same model I used growing up to mow our one acre lot...
  6. C

Con-cor superliners

I got a 5 car set of Con-cor Amtrak Superliners in Phase IV colors. I know these aren't as nice as the Walthers, no wonder comparing the price. They are nice enough and I would like to add some weight and maybe some interiors. Are there any cheap interiors for these cars? Also I am thinking...
  7. C

Moderator please contact me

I have tried to port twice to the for sale section and each time the post never comes up. I have posted in the past, what ir wrong now? Thanks Jerry
  8. C

Canadian Wide cabs

I found this pic of BC Rail C44-9W, with slanted EMD SD70 style windows. Was this just a Canadian only style wide cab or did GE use this style on American locomotives? Athearn has a BC Rail C44-9Wbut has normal rectangular windows. Does anybody make this wide cab style in HO? Jerry
  9. C

Kadee #28 on a Athearn RTR AC4400 ??

I always used Kadee number 5 on just about everything. I happen on to Kadees' conversion pdf file and see they recommend a number #28 for my AC4400. #28 is a Medium (9/32") center set shank just like a #5 except it's insulated? Kadee 20-Series Couplers Multi-Purpose Insulated Coupler Kit...
  10. C

Need Kato SD70MAC rear headlight light pipe

I was in the process of putting in a Tsunami sound decoder in my new Kato SD70MAC and I had shortened the rear headlight light pipe so I could fit a 16 x 35mm oval speaker over the rear trucks and was having fitment issues. Well I wasn't paying attention and upon removing it for the 3rd or...
  11. C

UP SD70M with angled radiators

Why does this SD70M have angled radiator grills like a GP40X? I never noticed one before until I saw UP #5049 on a youtube video. Was this a regular option? http://railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=136252&nseq=2 Anybody make a HO shell like this? I guess you could kit bash a Athearn GP40X...
  12. C

2005 Ac4400 Athearn with old style trucks

I just bought a brand new Athearn AC4400 GECX # 1049 RTR. According to the Athearn website this model was announced in 2005. I had bought a UP AC4400 UP #5978 last year and according to the Athearn website it was announced to be released in 2008. The two are different in two ways...
  13. C

Tsunami install into a Kato C44-9W

I just got done installing a Soundtraxx Tsunami into Kato C44-9W. First I removed the couplers and then the shell. Here is what the factory light board looks like. Next remove the light board. I then trimmed the truck lead wires a little over an inch. Mount the Tsunami decoder...
  14. C

My Athearn diesel roster

The oldest in this shot is my BN #2264 GP38-2 which is from around 1984. This loco is so quiet and smooth compared to all my other Blue Boxes. The UP #53 GP50 is from around 1990 and was always noisy. It came with cast brass flywheels. I purchased the BN orange tiger face GP50 off eBay in...
  15. C

Athearn SD40 and MRC 1634 sound decoder

I installed a MRC 1634 sound decoder into a Athearn SD40. This is basically the same install as I did with a Tsunami and a RTR AC4400. The step by step is very similar to this thread Tsunami and a RTR AC4400 The difference is that I removed the rear weight and screwed a piece of sheet metal...
  16. C

Athearn AC4400 and Tsunami AT1000

I upgraded my Athearn RTR AC4400 with a Soundtraxx Tsunami AT1000 decoder. I chose the Atlas drop-in style board because it's only $80 and has support for the Athearn 1.5v lights. There is a Genesis drop-in version of the Tsunami and it may work as well. To mount the decoder in place of...

Back