Search results

1. T

Rotary unloader

I like your swivel rotary coupler. Nice!
  2. T

Rotary unloader

Hi Paul, I'm in too deep to stop. I need something that won't fail. I may only sell a couple of these but this is where I'm headed. I need thousands of repetitions before failure. I plan to cycle a complete unit to see how far it goes before having a problem. Working on a swivel rotary coupler...
  3. T

Rotary unloader

I am returning to this project. I never sold the dumpers since I was relying on a plastic transmission to control the unit. I determined the possibility of a broken plastic transmission would not go well with the expensive dumper. I'm waiting on the gear box to arrive from Designatronics. I...
  4. T

Rotary unloader

The couplers come from Sergent Engineering.
  5. T

Rotary unloader

loco size As long as the locos are not to wide, no problem. The lean board is only .030" from the side of the car. The other side has more clearance. If the locos aren't wider than the rolling stock, you shouldn't have a problem. As far as weight, the brass track beams should handle your larger...
  6. T

Rotary unloader

Larry - I told individuals that the unloaders were very pricey and that I had built this to unload the trains I load with my loaders which are for sale. When I would mention the price I got all the reactions including the scarious - the individual continued to maintain eye contact, was smiling...
  7. T

Rotary unloader

show video of model ore loader The rotary dumper is done enough to demo at its first show over the weekend. The video shows the dumper and the loaders I use. I still have some small work to complete but this will give a look at the function of the dumper and the controllers. Steve...
  8. T

Rotary unloader

Cost? This project is on hold until I complete a new building. I still have several things to complete before I can give a final price. I expect it to be around $2000 with a warranty period. I want to be able to cycle an assembly 500 times and see what wears. I still need to sell 20 of these to...
  9. T

Rotary unloader

Materials Most of the loader is made out of brass. Aluminum is used for the base since this will be out of site. The hold down mechanism is made out of aluminum for strength and lightness. Most of the fasteners are stainless as are the ball bearings, springs and shafts. The brass wheels are the...
  10. T

Rotary unloader

forgot picture Here is a picture of the 2 other wheel types I have.
  11. T

Rotary unloader

Couplers Here is a pic of the modified Glatzl rotary coupler next to the stock Glatzl coupler. The cars are Bowser 3-bay and the mods to the coupler mount are shown. The coupler is installed in the car on the right. The Sergent coupler is in the foreground. The new coupler is attached with a...
  12. T

Rotary unloader

I am in the process of completing this dumper. The deck and some detail is all that is left. A microcontroller is being developed to animate the loader based on a prototypical video. This will have sound. I am going to produce this in the near future and am curious as to what the market will...

Back