Search results

1. B

Anyone own a Hornby steam engines?

There is no easy coupler kit that I know of. You will have to fabricate a coupler box for a Kadee. It can be done without much of a problem. Since I have plenty of Hornby, Roco, Fleischmann, Rivarossi, and Jouef engines I just took one of my freight cars and have a Kadee on one end and a...
  2. B

Anyone own a Hornby steam engines?

I have about 40 Hornby engines. They run just fine on HO track. They are OO scale just slightly larger than HO. I love all steam. They made a lot of tender drive engines that work very good. The newer engine have the drive in the boiler much like the Bachmann steam. The now own Rivarossi. You...
  3. B

blue line or not

I have several blueline engines that run fine on DC as well as the QSI engines. I also have 2 Paragon 2 engines that would not run very well on DC. They might be fine on DCC. I had to send both back to Broadway , one several time to get them to run smooth on DC. The sound and motion would surge...
  4. B

What brands are worth buying?

Kato HO and N #1 Atlas HO and N #2 Athearn HO #3 Life Like PROTO (stay away from cheap sets) Bachmann Spectrum very good HO and N, Go for newer models and stay away from cheap sets. There Steam engines are some of the Best.
  5. B

bachmann wheels

If you are talking about the Bachmann 4-8-4 steam engine in HO and the drivers are coming out. They have a problem with the Drive Axels breaking. Bachmann has no more parts. You can try to make your own axels or you need to get new engines. The white plastic axels break. There is a co. MWLS or...
  6. B

graham farish

I have one of the newer models with the drive in the boiler. They don"t pull as well as the newer Bachmann steam. It's a 4-6-2. I added Bullfrog Snot to one of the drivers and additional power pick up to tender and now is much better. You can also coat one of the drive wheels with a thin layer...
  7. B

Advice for a new guy - locomotive issue?

I have about 20 of the Mantua/Tyco steaners and the problems you will have are elictrical contact issues. All the electriclal contact area's have to be spotless . What i have done is, on the 6 wheel tenders is replace the center axel (that has 2 plastic wheels) with one that has another brass...
  8. B

The High Cost of Model Railroading

Model railroading is cheap compared to many other things. Look at the cost of a Car, Boat, aeroplane, and RV. They all depreciate with high operating expence. Over the last 50 years of my model railroading everytime I switched scale I managed a profit on selling. Look at the current price...
  9. B

Oily Residue from Smoke Generators

I just use a dry kleenex or a q-tip for the hard to reach area. Most will evaporate soon.
  10. B

Sound and DC vs DCC Power?

Link for the MRC777 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APS3iF3Pfxw
  11. B

http://www.zweisimmen.com/MRC1025ReviewZweisimmenDotCom.PDF Use this link.
  12. B

The Kato unit sounds and looks nice but i have had the Mrc 1025 sound unit for years and it was only $39.95 when i got it. Have to see what the Kato unit will be. Probably much higher.
  13. B

MRC AA555 Symphony 77 Sound System

Get an engine with sound and disconnect the leads to the motor. Set it on a siding and let the sound go.
  14. B

Stand Alone External Sound System.

Go to the MRC web site. They make several stand alone systems.
  15. B

Dcc will allow you to control each engine seperately on the same track. With Dcc you can run one train following the other at different speeds. Most new DC engines can have Dcc added later. All DC/DCC equipped engines are duel mode. They can be run on DC or DCC without any modifications. For...
  16. B

eBay Purchases and Expierience

I love it when i see someone bidding $20.00 higher for an item when the same thing is on BUY IT NOW for less. I have over 900 transactions on ebay from USA, Germany, France, China, Japan and England. Never had a problem. Just do your homework befor you bid.
  17. B

First Broadway Limited experience, and it wasn't good

Never had a problem. Sent a few back under warranty had them repaired or replaced. A few times they sent pre-paid freight label for return. With return you will also get a coupon for $25.00 off refurbished deals. Found them very easy to deal with.
  18. B

Where to buy?

I have purchased well over 100+ engines ,Roco, Hornby, Fleischmann, Jouef, Liliput, thru Ebay UK and France. Ho scale and N scale. Never had a problem and all arrived in the US in good shape. All at least 50% less with shipping then i could find them in the US. Germany is the only one that has...
  19. B

Model number for Fleischmann BR 05-003 loco.

Try this link for a list of them. http://www.modellbau-wiki.de/wiki/BR_05 Bob
  20. B

New tyres for Fleischman Steam locos.

Here is another good place i forgot. http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Forums/index.php Bob

Back