Search results

1. B

Help Evaluating What's Pictured Here

Hey guys, I'm an HO modeler. I have little experience w O gauge and the value of older items. A buddy of mine has access to purchase some of the following pieces. I'm trying to give him an idea of their worth so he can formulate an offer. Any help is appreciated... Brad
  2. B

Cutting off BEMF on LokSound Select

Hey guys, I have a Intermountain ES44AH ho with LokSound Direct oem installed board. It started to not consist nicely with other engines. I have ruled out track wiring issues. I'm thinking that the BEMF function of the decoder may interfering with its smooth operation in consist mode. I've...
  3. B

My CSX SD40-3 Kato HO "Spongebob" Build

When I first saw this locomotive, I thought it was heinous; an abomination of the quintessential 20th Century locomotive. It looked like Lego built it. With some time, it's appearance has rapidly grown on me. Now I think its boxy shape and ultra-modern look awesome. So I decided to build one...
  4. B

For NS Fans, Some Great Reading...

Here is a link to a quarterly publication put out on NS' website that makes for some interesting reading. Lots of prototypical content here and some great photos... http://www.nscorp.com/content/nscorp/en/bizns.html This issue has some great info on the painting and selection of the...
  5. B

My NS SD60E 6920 Veterans Unit Project

I decided about 6 months ago to build the SD60E #6920 NS Veterans Unit. I've been going about it slowly and methodically. I started w a new Athearn sd60 I got for a good deal. I stripped it with alcohol and painted it. The paint job is pretty straightforward. The cab here is the key...
  6. B

CN Approached CSX about a Merger

Csx rebuffed the offer, doubt it would go hostile as hostile mergers are historically unsuccessful. http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/10/12/canadian-pacific-railway-and-csx-could-possibly-unite/17156179/
  7. B

Thinking of a Branching Out into European Modeling in HO

Hello all, The first time I got on a European train, I was immediately impressed with them. I found myself wishing the US was so train-centric. I particularly liked the Swiss, German, and French trains. I'm thinking about picking up a European modern electric loco, perhaps a Traxx series or...
  8. B

Kato SD40-2 HO shell issue

Ok, so I just finished my latest project. I custom painted, decaled, and DCC/sounded a previously Undecorated older run HO Kato sd40-2. #37-2700. The frame fits over the chassis and the shell fits into the frame via 4 little tabs. When I put the shell back on, I believe the shell is slipping...
  9. B

My NS Kato HO Admiral Cab build

I wasn't that impressed with what was available at Shapeways, so I decided to go it my own. So far, removed and patched where the brake handle was, got the windscreen tilted and sill re-silled, and built the number board portion. Let me know what you think. Brad
  10. B

My NC Mainline Running Class 1 Layout in HO

I thought I'd share a few pictures of the layout... This was the planning stage a couple years ago...
  11. B

HOInterchange Migrates to Facebook Poll: You Going with it?

Hello Guys, As many of you know, Yahoo group HOInterchange is going dormant and the moderator and owner is taking is to Facebook. Know many have had their issues with the owner in the past, but those that participated in the past, will you be going with it over to Facebook? I don't...
  12. B

NS C40-9 in HO

I'm nearly done with this build. An Athearn NS C40-9 in HO #8879. LED lights, flashing led ditch lights (front only), my cables, cut bars, plow, ac unit, moved the sand box, traction cables, detailed trucks, tsunami sound, high bass speaker. Decals a combo of Shell Scale and microscale. Chose...
  13. B

NS Intermodal Yard at CLT Airport to Open Soon

I noticed yesterday that the new NS Intermodal yard that they have been building on the Charlotte airport grounds is very close to completion. It has been fun to watch the construction of this project over the last couple of years. Last night I saw cranes, well cars, trucks, and containers. The...
  14. B

Digcom intermodal containers

I just built my first 6 53' Ho scale intermodal containers. In think I'll be building more. Takes about 1 hr to print, cut out, and glue 6 together, Cost: 1. new ink for inkjet printer $22 off eBay 2. 50 sheets high quality photo paper $12 3. PDF file from Digcom $5.95 Total = $39.95...
  15. B

Kitbashed Modern Cantilever Two & Four Track Signal Bridges

I built these two signal bridges by kitbashing NJ International Signal Bridges, some silver/metallic spray paint, Tomar ladders, Oregon Rail Supply UP/CSX Signal Targets, 1.8mm green, yellow, and red axial LEDs, and a couple of days work. I did not wire the LEDs as I have no interest or desire...
  16. B

Transforming a Superliner

This was a fun and easy project. Ive been wanting a Transition Dorm/Sleeper to complete my modeling of Amtrak's Capitol Limited. I was unable to get a Phase IVB, but I was able to find a Phase IV car. With some decals, Microsol, scotch tape, and a couple hours, I was able to transform it to a...
  17. B

New Athearn Locomotive at Trainfest will be...?

Any guesses/intel? Heard rumors of a sd70m with flared radiators, a later generation Gevo, or something else? Athearn Yesterday at 5:36pm Mark your calendar. Trainfest is just one month away. We'll be unveiling an all-new locomotive never offered in HO previously*, "modernizing" a...
  18. B

Athearn/Horizon Hobby is Squeezing the Life out of Brick & Mortar

This is not good for the hobby to say the least...from BlueRidge Hobbies LLC owner Frank Ruby, Greenville,SC. There are always two sides to every story, but I have known and dealt with Frank for years and have always found him to be honest, straight-forward, and hard-working. He has worked...
  19. B

Went to the ATL NMRA today

Great show! My boys spent the better part of Saturday there. I met the nice people at Kato, Athearn, BLI, Intermountain, Craig from BLMA, and many others. A nice bunch of people...the folks at NS were particularly nice and gave us a free heritage unit photograph. I'll post some pictures when I...
  20. B

My HO Kato NS Dash 9 Project is Done

I started with one of the newer release SP version of the Kato Dash 9 (speaker in the fuel tank). I stripped it, primed and painted, and then decaled it with Shellscale NS 'Soaring Logo' decals. I added Soundtraxx Tsunami Sound (modern Dash9 sounds), LED ditch lights, rear non-operating ditch...

Back