Search results

1. Trucklover

Modern "Tilt" Style Concrete Warehouses & Accessories

Hello everyone, does anyone remember the Nu-Line Structures modern warehouse kits? I was extremely bummed out when they went out of business and their kits became extremely hard to get ahold of. Their kits were pretty neat and allowed one to construct a custom warehouse to fit their own needs...
  2. Trucklover

Road to Rail Frac Sand Transfer Facility

Ive got some extra room on the end of my Tire Facility im building and have been looking for something to fill the hole without taking too much attention away from the main focus of the larger Tire Facility. After searching the Cornerstone Series kits, I came across the newer Road-To-Rail...
  3. Trucklover

Covered Hoppers used for Carbon Black Transportation

Hello everyone, been a little while since I was last one here. Got back into modeling a little bit lately and started some work on my Tire Plant Facility. had bought some of the Rail Shops Carbon Black Covered Hopper kits but hit a "snag". 1) They are kits that I thought I would enjoy building...
  4. Trucklover

HO Scale Construction Signs, Cones, and Details

Hello everyone, I recently started making some things that are not so readily available on the HO scale market. Ive been using Shapeways and their 3D Printing to create some pretty neat little details so far that I have not really seen in HO scale. Being that I like to model construction...
  5. Trucklover

Opinions on 3D Printing

Wondering what you guys think of the whole 3D Printing for models? Ive been looking on Shapeways website lately and its got me thinking, maybe I should start making some HO scale construction detail parts that arnt readily available on the market. Have you guys bought anything from the...
  6. Trucklover

Tire Manufacturing Process & Raw Materials

As I continue to build my Tire Facility I am trying to learn the in's and out's of how exactly a tire is made. I was able to find a couple pretty cool articles online of how they are made and the raw materials that go into the making of them. I think that the Wiki article was the best of the...
  7. Trucklover

ExactRail's Berwick 7327 cu ft overall length?

Anyone own one of these ExactRail Berwick 7327 cu ft Auto Parts Boxcars and could help me out by measuring the overall length from end to end (coupler to coupler)? Or better yet, if you have two of them lash them together and measure them both from one end to another? I am ordering a few of...
  8. Trucklover

Differences between rolling stock trucks/wheels?

Ive always been more of a HO scale vehicle modeler and not so much paid too much attention to the rolling stock side of things, so forgive me if this sounds like a newbie question LOL. With my new Tire Plant facility and the level of detail that i would like to have on this display, I would like...
  9. Trucklover

What type of hopper is Carbon Black transported in?

What type of covered hopper is Carbon Black transported in? And does anyone make a model of a modern day one? If not, does anyone know of a hopper that could closely resemble one with maybe some kitbashing? My quick searches for an HO Scale "Carbon Black" Hopper have yielded nothing except a...
  10. Trucklover

Tire Plant Facility

Hello everyone! After a long while away I suddenly got an urge to do a little modeling again. Its been a couple years since ive done any real modeling and a long while since ive posted on these forums! I suddenly got bit by the modeling bug and decided to finally make use of a small shelf that...
  11. Trucklover

Does anyone have any experience with Websites?

Does anyone on here have any experience with websites and web hosting? I have a website that i need to do some work on but am not exactly sure what to do or what is best to use as far as cart systems and web hosting. Please send me a PM or email me at steelmillmodeler@aol.com if you may be able...
  12. Trucklover

Mold Making, what methods do you use?

What methods do you all use when you are making molds? What is the best material to use? Is it better to make a rubber mold using the original part and then pour resin? Im looking to cast some things for a cement batch plant/rock quarry im starting, Im using the Walthers Glacier Gravel Deluxe...
  13. Trucklover

What kind of Aggregate Hoppers are these? RRMX Reporting Marks

Does anyone know what kind of Aggregate Hoppers these are? Robertson's Ready Mix & Robertson's Transport have their own fleet of Aggregate Hoppers which are lettered for RRMX and appear to have been bought from another railroad with the original reporting marks painted over and patched out...
  14. Trucklover

Custom Decals, where do you get yours?

Where do you guys order your custom decals from when you need them? I'm trying to find a good place to do business with for my custom fleet of dump trucks and cement trucks. I found a guy on eBay but he said he can't do what I need which really doesnt look that hard... But if he's not willing to...
  15. Trucklover

Building a Fleet; Robertson's Transport

Hey guys, While driving the freeways of Southern California I have noticed one particular aggregate companies trucks and have always wanted to model some of their trucks. This company is Robertson's Transport which has medium to dark red and silver company colors that really stand out when...
  16. Trucklover

Making Grade Crossings, .040 or .060" Styrene?

In HO Scale, is it best to use .040" or .060" Styrene when constructing grade crossings? It will be more then a grade crossing actually, more like laying it in a whole Intermodal Yard... Reason I ask, is it appears that .060" sheets are quite a bit more price wise then the .040" 4x8' sheets...
  17. Trucklover

BLMA Announces PTTX F89-J Flatcars and new Pipe Loads!

BLMA Announced a pretty awesome new piece of Rolling Stock this morning in both HO and N scales, the PTTX F89-J Flatcars! These are used for hauling Pipe and other large bulk loads. They were first introduced by Trailer Train in the 1990's when they converted some of their 89' flats that were...
  18. Trucklover

N Scale Curved Turnouts

Hi guys, Whats available in the way of curved turnouts in N scale? I see that Atlas and Peco both make them, but i dont see any radius measurements on them. I see Peco has Medium radius and double radius, whats the difference between the 2 radius wise? I am really looking for Code 55...
  19. Trucklover

Ore Boat & Hulett Unloader Diorama

For the Steel Mill Modelers or for those who just would like something that would fill an empty spot on the layout with a very large part of the Steel Industry, I will be building a small diorama of a dock complete with an Ore Boat and 2 Hulett Unloaders. My intentions will be to sell the...
  20. Trucklover

Building the Walthers Ashland Rolling Mill - Round Two

Figured I would start a new thread with the latest build ive just started working on. I sold my last Rolling Mill on ebay last week, and was pretty pleased with the selling price. It motivated me enough to build another, but this time make a few changes and additions to the overall structure of...

Back