Search results

1. G

just wondering if anyone here is going to grandrails 2012?.....

If so and you come to my layout ( the DM&IR ) make sure you tell me your from this forum Greg
  2. G

Question about how much room I need for G scale

I have a large HO RR in the basement. I also love gardening and was thinking about an out door G scale for the summer months. How many feet do I need to turn and head back the same way? Also do other garden RR use electric to power the engine? Any advise would be great Thanks Greg
  3. G

question on wheels size........

I have a few rail cars that still have plastic wheels. How do I know if I need 33" or 36" wheels? Also if I had 33" wheels and put on 36" would it change the cuplar heigth. enough that I would have to adjust them? Thanks Greg
  4. G

how many of you have operating sessions?

I had another one last night. I can have from 6 to 12 people. If you have never had one or been to one I would recommend It and it adds so much to a railroad. Greg
  5. G

wow, guess what.....

Got a call yesterday from a guy from NMRA and asked if I would be willing to have my RR on the grandrails 2012 tour. Couldn't say yes fast enough. He's stoping by next week for some photos and then put them on their web site. They do self guided tours one day and bus tours another day. This...
  6. G

Larry.........

Love reading your post and watching your videos on you tube. Could you post a link to your blog for this computer challenged fellow model RR Thanks Greg DM&IR HO scale
  7. G

just wanted to say. marry Christmas to everyone here

From Greg and Judy DM&IR HO scale
  8. G

report on op session......

Had 12 people counting me. With 75% new people it went good. Does look like I need another power booster. 8 trains, 7 with sound is too much for 8 amp system. Anyone else here using NRC prodigy? Greg
  9. G

wish me luck 1st op session.........

This Friday on my DM&IR RR. HO scale. It goes through 3 rooms in my basement. DCC wireless MRC. I have 12 people coming. Will post how it goes Greg
  10. G

looking for hobby shops near Biloxi MS and Golf shores AL......

planning a little vacation and always looking for new RR stuff. I checked the internet but sometimes there are places not listed on the net. Any thoughts? Thanks Greg
  11. G

decal removal question....

Bought a snow plow at a train show yesterday. It only has one small decal on each side. What's the best way to remove it with the least damage to paint? Thanks Greg HO scale DM&IR
  12. G

post your model RR tips........

How about everyone posting some free or low price things you use on your RR. I'll start with a few of mine: Take tin foil and cut into about 4"x4" and roll it into a ball then use pliers and keep pinching until its a square. you can paint with rust color paint and fill a gondola car. Looks...
  13. G

Hello.....again

Posted hello here about a year ago and kind of forgot about the forum. With winter around the bend it now model railroad season. I'm modeling the DM&IR in HO scale. My layout is now where done ( hope it never is ). Its in two 12X22 foot room and one 7X17 foot room. I've had a few operating...
  14. G

Hello...........

I'm building a ho scale DMIR RR in two 12'X21' rooms. just starting so lots of blank plywood. Heres a few shots of a 2'X3' area that I have done. Well somewhat done Greg
  15. G

Where on the WWW could I find some signs for my layout?.......

Have checked yahoo images but was looking for some other options Thanks Greg from Mi.
  16. G

I'm new here, any help on the steps to post pictures of my layout.......

would be great Thanks Greg HO scale DM&IR RR Duluth to Hibbing MN
  17. G

Looking for photo of Hallett Dock Co. engine.......

Hi everyone this is my 1st time here. I'm building a 24'X21' ho scale DM&IR RR. One of the main switching ares is the Duluth dock Co. and I know they have there own engine and was wondering if anyone here would know where I could get a picture of it. Heres a link to there sight but no engine...

Back