Search results

1. R

F7a Correct Windshield Shape

Here are some more pics of some of my parts and plugs for the truck and grill for the F unit. Bob
  2. R

I agree with you Jim. In the past, I would study an F or E unit nose when I was modeling it, and I sensed that when I looked at different locos of the same type, there were subtle differences and I couldn't put my finger on it, but then I read that they were built by various people and that...
  3. R

Pictures E-8 a and b Hey Jim, here are some pictures of my E8s, I have quite a bit of work to do on them, but I am on my way. These are 1:32 scale. Bob.
  4. R

Hello Jim, well thanks to Turbo-Cad, there are tools to make arcs tangent. I used that tool quite a bit. I did take a measurement from the end of the light to beginning of the arc just below the windshield. I don't think there is a straight line on that cab design. I might have to redesign...
  5. R

Hello Jim, My name is Bob. I just finished the drawing of the windshield full scale in CAD, and I will later scale to 1:32. I am slow, so it took me all day to get it right. I ended up with 8 arcs, and 9 end points. I think I have an accurate record of the shape. Thanks, Bob.
  6. R

Windshield Thanks for your input. I am scratchbuilding in 1:32. I have some blueprints, but unfortunately, it has no measurements of the windshield. By measuring the full scale, I will be dead on, no guess work. Taking shapes from another model, is at best, their interpretation of the...
  7. R

Help with Number Boards

Number board Here is a picture of one of my first attempts on an E-8 number board with the procedure I discribed earlier. Rbrown7713
  8. R

Help with Number Boards

This is the way I did it on an E-8 diesel. I printed the numbers on printable clear on my ink jet. I covered the numbers with another piece of clear, then that way the light would illuminate the numbers. I also inserted a fogged piece of thin vellum behind all of it, it was a nice affect...
  9. R

I am scratchbuilding an F7a loco. and I had problems locating drawings of the windshield. After days of hunting on the web without results, I located a full scale F7. I then got some cardboard and traced the full scale shape, because I was tired of trying to reproduce the correct shape and...

Back