Search results

1. E

NS Loco Pics Needed

Hey guys. I need to get pictures of NS 5600-series GP38-2s. I'm looking for them on my own, but any pictures you guys might have would be of great help.
  2. E

Hey Larry. I need some turn-of-the-century equipment. Buildings, cars, engines, everything...

Hey Larry. I need some turn-of-the-century equipment. Buildings, cars, engines, everything. Would you happen to have anything from then for sale, or know anybody that makes good models of them? Thanks, Brian.
  3. E

Quarry Equipment

Thanks a bunch. I'll talk to my parents about buying it for me, and then I can just pay them back for it. Although I can't help but wonder, what sort of an era would that belong to? It doesn't look overly recent. Although, to tell the truth, I haven't been close enough to one to actually see it...
  4. E

Quarry Equipment

Hey guys. Do any of you know where I might be able to find the equipment that is specialized for quarry work with explosives: things like the large vertical drills, any special trucks or loaders, and other construction equipment in HO scale (1:87.1)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  5. E

The Achierton (Ack-her-ton) Southern: in-a-nutshell

I promised quite some time ago that I would put this up and never did, so here is my in-a-nutshell thread for my HO scale Achierton Southern Name: Achierton Southern Scale: HO Era: Modern Type: Shortline Minimum Radius: 15" (Industrial and Sidings); 18" (Mainline) Minimum Turnout: #4...
  6. E

Building the Achierton[Ack-her-ton] Southern

Alright. Well, here's an update: 1: I have started construction on my quarry industry, the actual quarry itself is already roughed out, and I have started working on getting the powder magazine and cap magazine built. The quarry office building is already built and is ready to be applied as...
  7. E

custom turntable need help

We have one of each down at the local train club. In HO, the Triplex was just slightly longer, maybe about 1 scale foot.
  8. E

Look no further: MTH Trains 2-8-8-8-2 Triplex -- Virginian Kinda pricey though...
  9. E

How big of a turntable would be needed for a 2-8-8-8-2 Triplex? Those things were HUGE!!!
  10. E

I layed down my track this weekend. It's a completely different track plan now, and I never wrote it down. I used Camper Seal tape from Lowe's for my roadbed. I bought a 30' roll of it for $7. 3/16" thick, just right!
  11. E

Display Case Set: Spirit Train from Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Kitbash and SB

I am planning on doing it straight from the game, or at least as close to it as I can. From the looks of it, I may actually have to scratchbuild the entire loco because of the design from the game and my existing 0-4-0. It won't be an operating model so I'm not worrying a whole lot about how it...
  12. E

Display Case Set: Spirit Train from Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Kitbash and SB

Hey guys. I was going through all of my spare parts today and I found my 0-4-0 steamer from Model Power. I decided to use it (and all of the other parts I found in conjunction with some christmas gifts) to kitbash the locomotive from the new game: The Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks. I am...
  13. E

Bet that wasn't too good for busines ;)
  14. E

B&O ran into Pennsylvania and there was some in New York. The farthest in to New York that I think they got was right up to the Staten Island transfer, but if they went farther it doesn't surprise me. I have to say that the coolest railroad of all time was the White Pass & Yukon RR in Alaska.
  15. E

Door no.1, Door no.2, or Door no.3..?

Joking Response: Well Ken, if you you don't know what to use it for, there is always door #4: Give it to somebody else. Serious Response: As I have absolutely no idea what your modelling, I don't know what to say regarding structures. I understand a want for reliable trackwork, I'm sure all...
  16. E

Questions about CSX and prototypes in general

CSX Road Slug and UP2CSX, you guys should be able to help me out on this. Does CSX ever carry 3-bay open-top hoppers? If not I can just look at Norfolk Southern, but I'd like to get some CSX going too. I was also wondering what a "road slug" is because I see it all the time. Thanks for your...
  17. E

So true. Yeah. School had a two-hour delay and I posted that and then got busy trying to type something else that I completely forgot to do it. I'll put it up at some point. I'll get to it when I get to it! Lol. Okay. Done talking to read myself talking. lol.
  18. E

Nothing new on the layout yet. Just finished my track plan. It's not much, but I gave myself some wiring challenges I'm sure. I sorta intended too, but I sort not-intended too. I have to of the 30-degree crossings on the layout, and both are connected to eachother. I plan to use DCC on it...
  19. E

Coal mine Railroad (in progress)

I hereby pronounce this thread to be.... Reopened! After recently moving all of my equipment to a much larger space, My love of coal-hauling has been rekindeled. I still don't have space for an open mine, but the above-ground structures of a coal mine or running the tracks down into the mine...
  20. E

That's interesting. I didn't know that the AT when through Jersey. Thats pretty cool

Back