Search results

1. J

O scale question

Update I have made a rendering of my rail yard which will be located on the side of my yard. I provided a jpg for the rail yard and another to show where in my yard they will be placed (in the red box). Let me know what you think of it. I made the Box car house big enough to hold many cars so I...
  2. J

My Layout

Thanks for all you feedback. The around the room idea is good I just have to convince my wife to do that :)
  3. J

O scale question

Thanks you for the info. I'll be looking for retailers that sell out door O scale trains now.
  4. J

O scale question

I was wondering if you could do an out door layout in O scale if you built a building to protect the engines from the weather. Would the track have any problem in the weather, I live in the desert so rain isn't to big of a concern.
  5. J

Track in pavement.

That looks great, thanks got the information.
  6. J

My Layout

I have been reading the layout forum and there are a lot of good ideas kicked around so I would like to post my layout and see what you everyone thinks. I only have a 24" x 72" space to work with. I used Atlas N Scale, code 55 track in the SCARM program.
  7. J

N Scale

Ok, here is an updated version.
  8. J

N Scale

I have been reading the layout forum and there are a lot of good ideas kicked around so I would like to post my layout and see what you everyone thinks. I only have a 24" x 72" space to work with. I used Atlas code 55 track in the SCARM program.
  9. J

Radius Question

I was thinking about Z scale but it seems awfully small to handle.
  10. J

Radius Question

Thank you for all the great information everyone. I’m thinking I might have to make the layout 26" or 28" to accommodate an 11" radius. I might also run a smaller radius on the inside and just have a shorter wheel base engine running on that track, and link the two tracks together.
  11. J

Radius Question

I am new to N scale modeling and have been out of the rail road modeling for many years and I have some room in my garage to make a small layout, about 2x6. I also have been reading some forums on here about the proper radius. From what I can see is an 11'' radius will not leave much room on a...
  12. J

Track selection

Yes I forgot to post that I am using N Scale
  13. J

Track selection

So I'm guessing my 10'' radius is going to be a little tight for flex track, and most engines?
  14. J

Track selection

does using flex track help lower derailments
  15. J

Track selection

What would be better to use? Flex track or sectional track
  16. J

Track Code

What is he best code track to use in N scale, I've made my layout in code 55 on the computer, but I've been reading that a higher code might be easier to manage.
  17. J

4%

after reading all these post I can tell that 4% is out but what about a 2.8% straight track with a few curves
  18. J

Track Design

I see what your saying about changing direction, so now im in the process of changing my track around so i can go in multiple directions
  19. J

Track Design

The diconnected track is a trolly that I want to put in the town center. There will also be no climb the larger track will be on the bottom, and the smaller track will be 3'' higher on top of a hill.
  20. J

Track Design

I wanted some feed back on what you thought of my layouts. I dont have alot of room at all so I went with a N scale and a 50'' x 50'' platform. The first one is my most basic but it give me some switching and different options when it comes to making an industrial section and a residential...

Back