Search results

1. C

On30? Anyone?

Glad to see another narrow-minded individual around! ;) Welcome to the dark side! I model in On30 as well; logging out east, mostly. Cheers, -Chris
  2. C

Weekly Photo Fun 6-26/7-02

Finished Layout on display! Hey guys, here's some pics of my finished On30 logging layout, built on a hollow core door: I hope the pics showed up... Cheers, -Chris
  3. C

Why you don't climb trains.

Holy Lord! Even KFC couldn't make 'em that crispy... You'd think he be paying attention to the wires...sheesh. -Chris
  4. C

Atlas turnouts

Huh, that's weird. My switches on my layout have the atlas dead frogs and I run my sound engines over them all the time- no problem!:confused: That's kinda weird. Maybe it's just something with the C83 ones? I kind of like their turnouts. I just remove the machines and saw off the lugs...
  5. C

where are the On30 guys...?

That's some awesome work! thanks guys! Cheers, -Chris
  6. C

Does it look like they could easily stand in for an O-scale one if some parts were enlarged? Cheers, -Chris
  7. C

Weekend Photo Fun 3-6/3-9

Thank you! I had to sit down for fifteen minutes, trying to come up with something like that... Had to be belittling in a way...:D Cheers, -Chris
  8. C

Weekend Photo Fun 3-6/3-9

New guy photos... Steamwinder action on the Broaken and Derrelickt Lumber Co.: Enjoy! -Chris
  9. C

Okay; I guess this sort of turned into a WIP thread...:) Well, the water has hardened, and I am starting work on the unfinished side of the layout. Will post pictures later. BTW, does anyone know where I can get a cheap O scale steam skidder? Cheers, -Chris
  10. C

Yeah, don't I know it! It's in my garage, so I didn't have a whole lot to work with....:mad::rolleyes: I just poured the water into the pond this morning. Starting to take shape... Cheers, -Chris
  11. C

well... Holy mac. That is some cool stuff! I only wish my modeling skills were as good as yours! Pics of my layout and my newest acquisition, a B'mann On30 Shay (the sound version, courtesey of my brothers) in my garage at home.... Name of the layout is Broaken & Derrelickt Lumber Co...
  12. C

Of course! But yes, my good sir; I will. Unfortunately it is 9:25 PM here in wisconsin and I have school tomorrow so I will post some pics then. Expect them up at about Six O'clock Central time. Cheers, -Chris
  13. C

Anybody model in On30 over this way? It looks like a minority scale on this forum... Anybody who models in On30, sound off! Be proud!:) Pics would be nice. I'll post some off mine if you guys put up yours.:D Cheers, -Chris
  14. C

now sumthin aint right here...

no problem! love the pics! will have to post pictures of the shay in its element on my portable layout at home... thanks again, Cheers Chris
  15. C

Lookin' for loggers-I need inspiration!

Paper route done...:mad: a tiring morning.... I am not even putting the actual sawmill on the layout; just the unloader and log pond. I got that idea from a guy who modeled Sn3 at the Mad City show in Wisconsin last year. No sawmill, just the pond, ramp, and boom unloader. Looked really...
  16. C

That's true, but I am not modeling the actual sawmill at all. I am modeling just the unloader and log pond. The actual sawmill itself is 'off-layout'. Besides, I'm modeling only a very small operation, meant to last a cutting season. I'm not trying to compress the westside; that would be...
  17. C

Well... Let me give everyone the exact door dimensions first: L: 80" W: 36" That allows me to use fifteen inch radii, which the bachmann shay tracks well through. The layout is supposed to be portable (just to clarify, the benchwork, wiring, and track are done. I just need scenery) so...
  18. C

Hi guys, I'm building a small logging layout on a hollow-core door in On30. I'm kind of lacking for what to do scenically, so I figured I'd check out other modeler's work and see what they've done. Pics would be much appreciated.:) Cheers, -Chris

Back