Search results

1. dispatcher812

Need a quick paint in P&W brown

At last years Springfield show (2012) I purchases a set of P&W passenger cars. When I got home I found they were nothing like the real things and for some time I was very upset that the person would sell such inaccurate models. (some of the models he was selling this year were even worse)...
  2. dispatcher812

Decaling up an NS GP40-2

I have decided I am going to try and decal up an Athearn GP40-2 in an early NS scheme. I will post here as I do it. Please let me know what you think. I have enough decals on the sheet to do four. Do to my limited skills in this department I will only be doing 1 at a time. I do however want to...
  3. dispatcher812

Simply paint job needed

I have three Athearn shells that I need I simply black paint job on. No decals or special graphics. I will be decaling these myself in NS. My painting skills are non existent for a nice paint job. Please either PM me here or dispatcher812@gmail.com . Thanks
  4. dispatcher812

A quick patch Job: Providence and Worcester F7

I have had this Athearn F7 since I was about 12. It was my first Atheran unit I purchased. As you can see in the first picture the name was crooked. Tonight I decided to do a quick patch job for the Providence And Worcester. Now the P&W does not nor have they ever had an F7. They do have though...
  5. dispatcher812

Howard's Hobby Ansonia CT

Has anyone had any dealings with the above Hobby Shop? I purchased a set of Providence And Worcester passenger cars form this store while at the Train show last weekend. They are beautifully done. However, I did not know much about the real life cars when I bought these. They are not even close...
  6. dispatcher812

Amtrak codes

I am listening to Amtrak on radioreference and I have heard several codes used. IE "code 7 deisel" . What does that mean and does anyone have a list? Thanks, Kevin
  7. dispatcher812

Ge b40-8w

I checked Athearn, Atlas, and Bachman. Does any one make a GE B40-8W? Kevin
  8. dispatcher812

Slide Ownership

Many years ago I purchased slides of BN power. Do I now have the legal rights to them? Can I legaly reproduce these and post them as I see fit? Never was there a mention NOT do this nor did I sign anything to that effect. I would of course make not on any picture that I was NOT the photographer...
  9. dispatcher812

Taking a vacation in NC

Hello everyone, This August i m taking my early vacation to Emerald Isle, NC. I know there are several yards and such in NC. I am wondering though how the railroad traffic is around Morehead City and Beaufort. I would appreciate any help anyone can give. Thanks, Kevin
  10. dispatcher812

My various paint schemes and ideas.

Hello all, I have put most of my ideas and different paint schemes on a website for easy viewing. Comments welcome either here or directly on the site. Credit to Joshua Moldover at paintshp@railfan.net for the engine itself. I just colored it...
  11. dispatcher812

CSX cars on over-the-road trucks

Recently my boss has seen several CSX railcars being driven down a highway here in eastern CT. He assures me the are actuall railcars and not intermodal units. He said they are being carried on speacial trailers. Any ideas??
  12. dispatcher812

Former NS units as Leasors?

Does any leasing company use former Norfolf Southern units as leasor units? specificly a GP40? I have an almost completely decaled shell that I was going to have repainted into PW colors in the future but PW sold their GP40s recently. Thanks, kevin
  13. dispatcher812

Atlas painted bodies

I was browsing the Atlas website today and saw some of the new painted engine bodies. Will they fit on other chassies IE Athearn and RailPower Products? They have one in a scheme and correct number of an engine PW bought a few years ago and i have a chassie not being used. Any experience with...
  14. dispatcher812

Renumbering Athern RTR

How hard would it be to renumber ( side under cab window and numberboards) an Athearn Ready to Run? I have the opportunity to purchase a unit for almost $20 off and its brand New. I want to change the number but I don't want to spend $60 buks to ruin it. Any thoughts?
  15. dispatcher812

Eastern US Railroads

Hello all. I am currently (as we speak) reprogramming my scanner with all Railroad frequencies. My scanner also has the capability to Alpha tag each channel. I am looking for a list of Eastern US RRs. I will be taking a trip in the next couples months from Connecticut to North Carolina via...
  16. dispatcher812

Railroad Frequencies

Hello all, I am going to be taking a trip down the east coast this year and want to put some frequencies in my scanner. I have a digital scanner with Alpha tags and if possiable I want to program it with the name of the RR with the frequency. I have doone some surfing on the net and found...
  17. dispatcher812

My LLPX unit ***Warning may contain graphic images for BN fans**

So, Here is a first look at my first attempt to patch a unit. It was BN GP-40-2 #3062. I patched the markings and Number in blue and marked it up as LLPX 2273. I intend to add number boards and handrails soon. What do ya think? I know it probably never looked this way but for the plausibility...
  18. dispatcher812

Leasing Co engine numbers

When a leasing co obtains unit from another company, do they change the number or leave it as it is? I have 5 BN units that I have not been able to sell and I am thinking of patching them to my own leasing company. Also, do the always or do they have to remove the former owners name off of it? I...
  19. dispatcher812

Best Dry transfer Decals?

So, after my last post below, who has the best selection of dry transfer decals? If i have to place one letter at a time I would rather do it by dry transfer then with wet decals, I started to letter an engine the other day and had a heck of a time getting them right. When I placed one, it would...
  20. dispatcher812

Making COLOR decals at home

Hi all, I have a question about printing color decals, ie blue, red, black etc. Everything but white. I did a search and found questions on white but nothing on color so I apologize if this has been discussed before. I saw several different options for printing decals. I have a photo...

Back