Search results

1. P

British narrow gauge in 009 - County Gate

I thought you guys might like to see a few more snaps, this time by photograper Chris Nervard.
  2. P

Hi The project has logged 12652 hours to date. I have been at it for four and a half years. South Wales is indeed very similar to Devon/Somerset. best John
  3. P

Weekly Photo Fun 9-04/9-10

bottom engine shed This is the harbour shed at County Gate, 009 scale (4mm/ft 9mm gauge) best JdF
  4. P

Not as bad as it all looks. Our exhibition stands are errected right next to the trailer and the baseboards then added after the lighting. Then each section is rolled into the exhibition hall. JdF
  5. P

automation at County Gate

Thank you. The sounds were samples given to me, many by the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds. Bird sounds change throughout the year and we wanted the right sounds for June. I put the sounds together using Audacity. We also have a second CD which is under the harbour with dock, seagull...
  6. P

The model travels in its own special trailer and is going to Belgium and Holland shortly for major exhibitions. It takes about 5 hours to set up including checks for all the automation.
  7. P

We now have complete automation of operations see http://www.009.cd2.com/automation_movie.wmv (60 mb)
  8. P

It is on Youtube but less good definition. I am my own server and I have easily enough bandwidth. best JdF
  9. P

Now that the automation is all working, I had been waiting for son in law to come and film it. I finally realised that I have a video camera in my Panasonic Lumix.............Duh. It uses MOV files and eventually I found a free programme to convert to WMV called Prism Video Converter. So...
  10. East Lyn Viaduct

East Lyn Viaduct

'Exe' creeps across the viaduct on its way to County Gate. 2ft narrow gauge in 4mm/ft
  11. P

May 2009 Photo Contest.

OK, so it is JUne...when do we vote for May?
  12. P

the cotton mill era in Lancashire - Satanic Mills

Hi I NEVER paint backgrounds. They are produced using photo shoots and then altering using Photoshop. The mist was also done that way best John
  13. 'River Brue' drifts in with a holiday special

'River Brue' drifts in with a holiday special

A kitbash of a 'what might have been' Mallet for the 2ft gauge Lynton and Barntaple Railway. It uses 2 Bachmann class 08 chassis with etched valve gear with kitbashed Backwoods body. In the foreground is another 'what might have been' a scratch built railcar.
  14. P

You guys are all most kind. I post some more recent snaps the latest Mallet, 'River Brue' with a holdiday special for Minehead brave new World....3 railcars have a get-together Glenthorne Harbour Authority Baldwin No 2 waits with a freight at CG Glenthorne Harbour...
  15. P

Baldwin works plates

Hi I am looking for a source of etched brass plates for Balwin in H0. I need the circular fella for the smoke box and the oval plates for the smokebox side. Living in the UK I need a supplier who accept credit cards thanks John
  16. P

How to Make Trees and Shrubs

Thank you. We actually do make trees for museums and railways etc under the banner of 3Dperfect. http://www.3dperfect.cd2.com/ regards John
  17. P

you guys might enjoy this link http://www.009.cd2.com/cats%20_and_modelling.htm
  18. P

locos of County Gate

British parliament legislated that all the small companies be grouped into four in 1921. This was complete by 1923 hope this helps regards John
  19. P

I designed the layout for the client and the entire project took 4 months regards John
  20. P

The layout was 10ft X 4ft with an extra table to allow the loop at the right hand side. The layout went in a bespoke crate and arrived just fine. regards John

Back