Search results

1. 49fordv8f4

Christmas Trees, Trains and More

We had a glass tree topper like that when I was growing up. I always liked it. I am not sure what happened to it.
  2. 49fordv8f4

My Review of the Bachmann CN Track Cleaner/Impact Car.

I watched a video a few days ago by Jennifer Kirk where she tested the HO Bachmann Track Cleaning Brake van. I comes in four liveries and is a short four wheeled car. She gave it a very good review. It uses the same pads that the car that you have uses, since the car is short, the pad is fixed...
  3. 49fordv8f4

Christmas Trees, Trains and More

Looking forward to the photos! Jesus is the reason for the season here also!
  4. 49fordv8f4

Flat car tractor load

I really like the '48-'50 Mercury trucks!
  5. 49fordv8f4

Flat car tractor load

Thank You!
  6. 49fordv8f4

Flat car tractor load

Thank You!
  7. 49fordv8f4

Flat car tractor load

My '49 was going to be my shop truck for my machine shop, but I retired before I got it on the road. It is still not quite finished, but at least I can drive it.
  8. 49fordv8f4

New sign for Betty's Trackside Diner

Thank you! I made both of the signs in Word with one of the fonts that came with the computer. Thanks Again!
  9. 49fordv8f4

Flat car tractor load

Thank you! I need to make two strap tie down plates, sketch 4 on the second page of the book. I will need to cut slots or drill holes in the rims for the tie down wires and straps. Thanks again.
  10. 49fordv8f4

Flat car tractor load

I am working on a Tichy # 4021 40' flat car and tractor load for the layout. I wanted to deliver a John Deere tractor to the feed store and tractor dealership circa 1948-52. I used the instructions in the AAR book, Rules Governing the Loading of Commodities on Open Top Cars, 1-1-1940. The...
  11. 49fordv8f4

Thank You! The sprue worked perfectly and there are a lot of them in the trestle kit.
  12. 49fordv8f4

I made a roadside sign for the diner. It is made from styrene sheet and strip with the sign printed on matte photo paper. The sign pole is a sprue from the Walthers bridge kit that I built for the layout. It was the perfect size for the pole. I was going to paint it all white, but my wife really...
  13. 49fordv8f4

Tydol fuel truck bed build.

Thank You!
  14. 49fordv8f4

Thank You! I don't have any other buildings in the works right now.
  15. 49fordv8f4

Billboard Idea

I found another ticket booklet today. Here it is next to the MoPac one above.
  16. 49fordv8f4

Thank You!
  17. 49fordv8f4

I didn't like the lettering that I applied to the truck. The lettering on the tank really needed the shadow and the bumper needed to look closer to the prototype. I ordered some more Woodland Scenics dry transfers to redo the lettering. I applied white letters first then offset black lettering...
  18. 49fordv8f4

Barn scratchbuild

Thank You! I don't have anything in the works right now. I need to add about a foot to one end of the layout to have a place for the barn, but I need to heal from back surgery before I can tackle that though. Thanks again!

Back